What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making a stylus - hassle free.

OldKen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried to find out how to make my own stylus for the iPad but I keep coming up against the need for black conducting foam. Then I remembered that cellulose conducts a charge fairly well and decided to try using a piece of a decorator's sponge for the tip. And it works very well. This is my solution:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 490
OP
O

OldKen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep! But you have to take whatever tip it comes with. I find that a fat tip is a disadvantage when I'm editing music in the Notion app. The smaller tip gives me much more control.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And of course there is the satisfaction of having nutted out and done something productive yourself. I think Great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VitaW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first stylus was my own creation. It worked great. It was a drafting pencil (without the pencil) because when button at the tip it opens up the little claws at the bottom that hold a pencil nib. I used conductive foam with a q-tip stick inside of it for stability. Worked really well. FWIW carrots work really well too. No joke.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
that is hilarious.........and true! no joke - I just used a carrot to navigate my iPad! What a great party trick 

I guess whatever works :D

Although if your iPad starts to multiply you're in trouble ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts