What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making a new iTunes account without money?

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to make an iTunes account without either using a credit card, or a gift card, or somehow putting money in the account?

Alternatively, if I have to use something, can I use a credit card, but then immediately then remove the credit card from the account after creation?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Use redemption option it should work for free apps with respect the cost of the Apps is so small just load with a $20 iTunes card and top up as needed.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't need to use a credit card, ever, but i believe you need to have a gift card if you don't. If the 15 dollar gift card is more than you want to spend, most CoinStar machines will give you a full value (no fee) gift receipt for your loose change. Be aware that you must put in at least $5.00 in change to get a no fee gift certificate.

In the case of the no fee GCs, the vendor (Apple, Amazon,etc.) pays the fee to get your business.

OP
P

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all - I'm going to have to try out that link by PocoBill - if that works, that is truly a "free" way to open the account.

I know about redeeming the iTunes cards, but I did not want to have to put 5 or 10 dollars into an account that is just secondary. But, if I need to, so be it. Thanks for all the help!

Great forum!

Sridhar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let us know if it works. There are some apps that I can't buy b/c I do not have a US iTunes account.

OP
P

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Post by pocosbill worked great. I have a unique last name, and did not want game center transmitting my last name, so having a "dummy iTunes account is necessary for a fake last name.

Created a gmail account, used the method described in the link, and it worked great. No money up front, and a regular iTunes account. Have to use a regular computer though.. Would not work using an iPad.

bundat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The "none" payment option is actually very strange.

I've tried it on an iPod Touch running iOS 4 (select "Philippines App Store") and it was nowhere to be found.

Later I tried it on an iPad, also running iOS4 (but selecting the "US App Store" this time), and lo and behold, it was there.

Oh well, at least it seems to be always available when you're on a PC. :p

Most reactions

Latest posts