What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for the right app for the job.

docz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, first let me introduce myself, I am a professional musician living in Norway.

My question is I would like to move away from my hardware gear, and start to use the iPad on my gigs. And I have some spesific needs.

I am wondering if there is an app out there, that does the following:

Allow me to make a list of songs, and arrange a song into sections: intro, verse, chorus, bridge, ending, fill / break and so on. And have each section have a set of loops that play in sync, but can be switched on and off on the fly, and while playing it should be able to change section on the fly - or follow a preset form (verse, verse, chorus, verse, bridge, chorus, chorus, ending for instance).

Any app like that out there? I haven't been able to find anything like it.

Cheers!

Docz

red_seal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think iPads make good friends for laptops when it comes to music. Because if you are using something like lemur on your ipad, you can easily do what you're saying but the iPad would be controlling your computer wirelessly.

I took music in school and I love using certain music apps like Figure but my iPad became really crazy once I started using it as a midi controller with my computer. I suggest looking into that as well : )

red_seal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd stick with the bigger names that have a good track record on computers just because they work better and don't crash in my experience.

Native Instruments' Traktor is the best DJing one for sure. But also look into companies like Moog, Korg, Propellerheads, Lemur, Auria. I'm sure there are others but those are some of the big ones to check out : )

Most reactions

Latest posts