What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Drum loops playing live

jeepsandjets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I play solo live piano and looking to add drums to my playing. Presently practicing using Boss DR-3 drum machine. This allows me to do intro change between different drum loops for Verse and Chorus on the fly and also add ending. Not at all happy with included drum patterns (I can't build a good drum loop) and size of the DR-3 so...... Looking at drum loop apps for my Ipad. If you want to bang away and make some drum sounds 100s of these. I can build a drum backing song with pre-designed loops to cover my playing but now I am just playing following the Ipad. I lose the ability to change my songs on the fly, shorten or lengthen double up on verse ect. So ...looking for a drum loop program with pre-loaded loops, or will accept loops, or accept midi loops so that I can assign a loop to Verse, and Chorus hit a button on the Ipad to call up Verse or Chorus loop when I choose and to call a end. Typical operation would be after assigning Verse and Chorus loops hit INTRO and have 1 bar into then auto move to Verse which would repeat (loop) till CHORUS is selected, which would repeat (loop) till VERSE is selected or END is chosen. Also need to be able to set tempo and save settings to a preset. I guess I would call this live backing tracks.... Lots of great drum loops for Ipad but I can find no way to use them live.
Not hope full but wishing some one has created a good Ipad or even a android app or knows of one, at any cost.
Thanks
roger

OP
J

jeepsandjets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update....
Have look at 100s of Ipad apps and spent $50 on junk that just are not geared for live playing. Now looking at purchasing BeatBuddy stand alone drum system that is designed for solo live playing. Does it all just a lots dollars more. Loopy would maybe do the function if you could move between loops while playing with the next loop not starting till called for and after the previous one completes. But this functions does not seem to be a option. I will be kind and say most apps I have seen are just $3 toys. Maybe some buddy can prove me wrong.

Aloyisius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was about to start a new thread, but my question is really related to this one. I've scoured the internet looking for some sort of basic "how-to" include the ipad into a live performance. (...and I do mean "basic".) Everybody and his sister is using it on stage now for lyrics and set lists, but why not pre-programmed drum tracks with a usb (or bluetooth) footswitch?
Above, roger seems to be saying that it is not yet possible. Can this really be?

Duffman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jeepsandjets, take another look at Garage Bands after its most recent update. I had a quick look after the update and I saw a loop sequencer in there. Reminded me of Reason. That would do it.
Buttons at the bottom of the sequencer change the pattern you have loaded in that column.
Didn't have time to see if you can assign those "column buttons" to midi input via a controller.

Duff

Most reactions