What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

List/To Do App with particular features

Porcupine8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Way back on my Palm IIIx, I had a great list/todo app that was exactly what I wanted. Since then, I haven't found anything that had that perfect mix of features - I'm hoping such an app exists on the iPad!

Unfortunately, a lot of the app web pages seem to focus on their "fancier" features instead of the really basic things I'm looking for, so it's hard to figure out if any really are what I want. So if you have used any kind of listmaking or to do app that has all of these, please let me know!

These are in order of importance to me:

- Nested lists that can be nested as far down as you want, collapsed and expanded, etc.
- Easy to drag-and-drop to move items around or between lists, and easy editing of items
- Can choose (by list or by item) between deleting an item as you check it off, or leaving it there but checked
- Can create "repeating" lists - even though you've checked it all off, it will pop back up again next week (for repeated cleaning tasks, etc)
- Can choose items from a longer list to make a shorter list (ie, make a list of all the grocery items you ever buy and can choose from those for this week's grocery run)

- It would be great if it took stylus input, but I know that's a harder one to find. Handwriting recognition would be awesome, but even rarer (man I miss graffiti) - I'd even take being able to write an item and have it just put an image of what I wrote as a to do/list item, even if I'd have to rewrite it to edit it. This is lowest priority, though, since I'm not sure ANYTHING exists to do this (in addition to the things above).

Fancy stuff beyond that (calendars, day planners, tagging, etc) I don't care about right now - maybe someday I'll get fancier, but right now I just want to make and edit lists, and not pay for a dozen different apps that aren't what I want.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look at 'Task Pro'. It meets some of your requirements, though not all. It allows the nested tasks that you wanted and doesn't try to give you a lot of features that you don't want.

If you do want to go 'up market' a bit, then Pocket Informant HD is considered by many to be the 'Rolls Royce' app.

I have both apps on my iPad, so please feel free to ask any specific questions. Pocket Informant has a comprehensive free User Manual that you can download from the Developer's website.

Tim
Scotland

bogey08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.rosevillechamber.com
To Do List

I have been using GoodToDo for almost a year and it just keeps getting better. Well worth the $2 a month subscription. Very simple and easy to use across all platforms, including my imac, ipad and iphone. Even use on my pc when desperate!:)

Most reactions