What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Launch Day!

pencerm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All,

This is my first post on these forums as I do not yet have an iPad. I have the new MacBook and iPhone 4, and I've decided to complete the trifecta on March 11th and pick up the new iPad.

My question is, what are y'all doing on launch day if you're getting one? What is the expected crowd at Apple Stores? Would Best Buy be a better alternative? I'm a college student and I was thinking I would head to the Kenwood Mall (if you're from Cincy) Apple store around noon after I'm done with class. Am I already going to find a mile-long line if I get there 4-5 hours before they go on sale? I haven't been through a release of any product at an Apple store as I typically try and avoid it at all costs, but in this case I really want to pick one up on launch day! If I have to wait a few hours, so be it. I'll load up the iPhone with new tunes to listen to. My biggest fear is standing in line for four hours and getting turned away!

So what are everyone's plans?

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All,

This is my first post on these forums as I do not yet have an iPad. I have the new MacBook and iPhone 4, and I've decided to complete the trifecta on March 11th and pick up the new iPad.

My question is, what are y'all doing on launch day if you're getting one? What is the expected crowd at Apple Stores? Would Best Buy be a better alternative? I'm a college student and I was thinking I would head to the Kenwood Mall (if you're from Cincy) Apple store around noon after I'm done with class. Am I already going to find a mile-long line if I get there 4-5 hours before they go on sale? I haven't been through a release of any product at an Apple store as I typically try and avoid it at all costs, but in this case I really want to pick one up on launch day! If I have to wait a few hours, so be it. I'll load up the iPhone with new tunes to listen to. My biggest fear is standing in line for four hours and getting turned away!

So what are everyone's plans?

I plan to order online. No Apple store close.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think your best bet would be to pre order one at Apples site online. I think someone said that it would be delivered by Fed Ex. I may be wrong but to avoid lines this would be a better way.

lawhawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This link says you can't pre-order until 3-11.

I plan to go to Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Sam's, or the Verizon store as they're all close to me. I will guess as to which one will have the shortest lines.

tehBrad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh wow someone from my area!

i tend to go to bestbuy, never really that packed on launch days (10 people were there last year on iPad launch)

Tabbyco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple says on their site that they will start selling the iPad2 at 5 pm, local time for each store, so how does that work? Do you come in right at opening time on Friday, March 11th and stick around til 5 pm? Do they kick everyone out at a certain time? What about those who are already in line, in some cases, since the night before? Just how does this 5 pm thing work? Does anyone know?

OP
P

pencerm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh wow someone from my area!

i tend to go to bestbuy, never really that packed on launch days (10 people were there last year on iPad launch)

You're from Cincy? Nice! I'm considering heading over to the Best Buy on Glenway avenue on Friday to get it. I don't know if I can take a 5 hour wait at Kenwood Mall..

Tabbyco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder when they will open up the reserve and pick up at your local Apple store, I hope they announce this feature ahead of time, but I will keep a close eye on it and post as soon as I find out more.

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple says on their site that they will start selling the iPad2 at 5 pm, local time for each store, so how does that work? Do you come in right at opening time on Friday, March 11th and stick around til 5 pm? Do they kick everyone out at a certain time? What about those who are already in line, in some cases, since the night before? Just how does this 5 pm thing work? Does anyone know?

I was wondering the same thing. I plan on getting mines from Best Buy since its closer than the Apple Store and Im returning my Ipad back to them. Ohio in the house!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts