What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last iOs is 4.3.1 . How to upgrade to iOs 4.2.1 ?

Humbardi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last iOs is 4.3.1 . My Ipad (I bought it used and Jailbroken) and using the iOs 3.2 ....If I try to upgrade through iTunes i will get the 4.3.1. But I want to upgrade to 4.2.1 ? Is there any way I can do it?
Best wishes

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Humbardi said:
Last iOs is 4.3.1 . If I try to upgrade trough iTunes i will get the 4.3.1. But I want to upgrade to 4.2.1 ? Is teher any way I can do it?
Bst wishes

Try redmondpie.com. Then press the apple tab. Then press iPad. Then a lil list should pop up. I believe through there they let u let u download iOS 4.2.1. I'm not sure if it'll still work, since apple no longer signing that version or the shsh blobs aren't saved for it. It can't hurt to give it a shot though. I've read of people downgrading without the need of those blobs. It's here in the threads somewhere..lol

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dunno if you have a mac or PC

But you can just plug your Ipad on itunes and go to restore it but

Press and hold shift then click restore, it should ask you which version to downgrade

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ratatapa said:
Dunno if you have a mac or PC

But you can just plug your Ipad on itunes and go to restore it but

Press and hold shift then click restore, it should ask you which version to downgrade

It won't work without shsh. This is everywhere. I thought everyone knew that by now.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
It won't work without shsh. This is everywhere. I thought everyone knew that by now.

I've read of some members here getting it to wrk w/O the shsh blobs. It's here buried somewhere in the threads..lmao

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
I've read of some members here getting it to wrk w/O the shsh blobs. It's here buried somewhere in the threads..lmao

Do you know who? Because they must be miracle workers. :)

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If someone does have a way to do it without shsh please do share as many people will find this useful, especially those who have recently upgraded there iPad 2 to 4.3.1 only to find out that the jb for 4.3.1 might be a while

Reaction score
Demandarin said:

It is possible, or rather was possible, as Apple continues signing the previous firmware for a few more weeks, but as of now 4.2.1 is not getting signed anymore. However, it seems 4.3 still is.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
It is possible, or rather was possible, as Apple continues signing the previous firmware for a few more weeks, but as of now 4.2.1 is not getting signed anymore. However, it seems 4.3 still is.

I tried saving shsh for 4.3 but tiny umbrella said it was too late, it did save 4.3.1 though

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Interesting.

Perhaps the 4.3 firmware I installed yesterday is just a decoy. That would explain why a) the restore worked seamless b) the iPad ends up running 4.3.1

Possible, let's just hope for everyone's sake that when the jb for 4.3.1 is released it also supports the iPad 2 it'll save me having to update in the future

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Demandarin said:

There is no way to do it on iPad without shsh blobs. Do you honestly believe that if it was possible it would be buried away somewhere in a thread that nobody could find? It would be front page news on every iBlog! :D

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
There is no way to do it on iPad without shsh blobs. Do you honestly believe that if it was possible it would be buried away somewhere in a thread that nobody could find? It would be front page news on every iBlog! :D

Exactly! That's what I said! They must be a miracle worker! :) If there was a way it would be everywhere and apple would know about it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts