What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last day to make a iPad 3 decision

mdanehart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today is the final day that I can return my Ipad 3 to the vender.

My ole laptop succumbed and been using this device since. It is no laptop replacement but discovered many work arounds are available.

My iPad is the 32 gig wifi version. If I keep should I exchange it for the 64 gig model? I just have 9 gig remaining after downloading the complete 1960 series of the The Outer Limits. Yes I am still time warped in the 60s and 1970s!

This is my only device for personal and work application and the dang thing is growing me!

My budget was 800.00. Thought about returning it for the 16 gig for 499.99 and look for a 350.00 laptop, yes slightly over my original cash outlay ..not really sure that I need two machines.

Needs your your valuable opinions..

Oh..sorry about the grammar on the topic, still not use to the cyber keyboard..
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
if you like it so much why consider a laptop too?

i too use my ipad instead of my pc. i only use my old computer as media storage these days. pure and simple. if anything then i'd upgrade to 64 by the sounds of it.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
if you like it so much why consider a laptop too?

i too use my ipad instead of my pc. i only use my old computer as media storage these days. pure and simple. if anything then i'd upgrade to 64 by the sounds of it.

Ditto. My old computer is mostly a server. I remote into it occasionally to do something requiring Flash.

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having 2 things would be nice, so I recommend you buy an iPad and laptop. Laptops always don't work the best, cause my HP Laptop always get viruses and overheats, it used to shut down every 2 seconds (not kidding) and crash every 5 minutes. So an iPad would be smart to buy along with a laptop.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Having 2 things would be nice, so I recommend you buy an iPad and laptop.

+1.

If you are retired or just don't have an active professional life, then I think both is best. They do not serve the exact same purposes even though there is a good deal of overlap. Personally, I have tablets, laptops, and desktops. Nothing has gone by the wayside over at my place.

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could easily pick up a laptop at a decent price. Remember.....it may only be June but stores will be having great sales since the college kids will be returning to school in August. Good Luck!

OP
M

mdanehart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Decision made. After long thought I really enjoy this device as a tool and a toy, returned the 32 gig and upgraded to the 64 gig model.

Ah such is life...thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts