What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seven days and seven nights with - iPad.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually my mom is thinking about one too, but I'm here in Oklahoma and she is in Alabama.....my bank account may not be able to stand the phone bills!

Interesting comment regarding the quality of the Android tabs. I used to be pretty tech savvy but, man-o-man has it gone fast down the road! Given the reality of spam, viruses and other kinds of bots, etc., your right, the IPad is probably the best platform for those of us who really aren't looking for production as much as convenience.

However, I am curious about the power and customizable nature you're talking about. What site or source would you recommend for learning about those differences? I realize this thread is the wrong place for this.

Thanks

AndroidCentral is a great site with a great community of people on it. Not as nice as the people here, but the information is just as good.

There are quite a few different customization apps for the Android that don't require you to hack the phone like some people do. I use one called Launcher Pro, lets me change pretty much everything about the way the phone looks and feels. Custom keyboards are available with different types of predictive text is one of my favorites, but there are so many different ways to make the phone unique and function just the way you want it to. The phones/tablets right now aren't even that powerful, but the ones being released in the next couple months will feature dual core processors, more RAM, etc, etc, and will run much better than the ones of today.

Mike245

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reference. I did read that Google hasn't got the OS to the level required to really compete yet but when they do...game on.

Again, thanks for your coments and take care

Canadian144

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's good to see the "biologically seasoned" :D people getting in on the iPad too.

+1 on that! My dad got one back in August, and we bought my grandmother one for her birthday in October. She's learning how to use a computer now, but can do a lot on the ipad - her condo is next to a public library so she is hooked into their wifi network, and she knows how to go on the internet, play solitaire & scrabble (I had to download them for her) and do quite a few other things. I was surprised at how quickly she picked it up, with barely any computer experience.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not that Android OS can't compete, it's just not quite as smooth and fluid as iOS. But in many ways Android is much better than iOS. I will take the slight bit of occasional jerkiness if it means a completely customizable user interface is available to me.

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts