What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle or iPad?

cullen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest Generation..just $139.which one is better?I have not used anyone of them.but now i just want to get one..

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Pardon the pun but you're comparing Apple to oranges. The Kindle is an eReader device only. Period. And in my estimation an inferior one (the Sony Reader 600 is far better) but that's only an opinion. The iPad is so much more than a simple reader. Apps galore, office tasks, games, eBook reader, iPod, video player, and too many more to go on. Simply put, if you can afford the iPad buy it. You won't be disappointed. If you looking for a reader only, well, then you may want to research the myriad of choices available.

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another way to look at it is that the iPad is useless outside in sunlight, and the Kindle is useless in a dark living/bed room. So if anything, the answer is "both".

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hear that with the nook, you can share your books with other nook users. That alone would make me get a nook over a kindle. Either of those are best for just reading. If you want much more than a reader and you are ok with a backlit screen for long reading, then the iPad is great.

OP
C

cullen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kindle is cheap,but iPad is a little expensive.I saw a product called apad which is quite similar to iPad,the size,the function and it runs Google Android 1.5 .but the price is too low...how about it?

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the apad is horrible, wait for the android tablets coming out by big companies, it runs worse than the g1. the first android device out to the public. that's how bad it is.

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is simple. If u want a device mainly for reading get a kindle. If you want a portable computer then take an iPad. Don't take an iPad for reading and don't buy a kindle for a computer replacement. These are two different devices.

OP
C

cullen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
understand

This is simple. If u want a device mainly for reading get a kindle. If you want a portable computer then take an iPad. Don't take an iPad for reading and don't buy a kindle for a computer replacement. These are two different devices.

In fact ,l prefer to iPad.I just can not afford it .so I consider to buy an aPad

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some things in life just not worth going cheap. iPad one of em. Power windows/locks in a car is another.

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
If you want an ipad, a kindle will not cut it. Kindle are for reading and do not do anything else well. Ipads do much more. I have both, but I do not like reading on iPad (too heavy, LCD screen good at night, but not during day, I am distractable and can do too much on iPad). But I love my kindle. If you read you should pick it up.

Even if you do get the iPad you should at least pay attention to the free books on Kindle. There have been over 100 free book newly released on kindle over the past two weeks. Some of them are crap, many are in subjects or genres you won't read, but almost anyone can pick up 5 to 10 books a month that will interest them. It is a good way to build a digital library. Lots of places to find the free books (some of them only last a few hours). I post a couple times a week on my blog about the free books. A blog called Books on the Knob posts them, there are several twitter feeds or RSS feeds that list them.

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is a Kindle and a nook, using apps provided by those respective companies. It also runs nearly every other reading software. The advantage of the nook app is that it allows reading newspapers and magazines on it, and the kindle app does not.

Most reactions

Latest posts