What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF to iPad Kindle

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can you send a .pdf file to Kindle on the iPad?

I've checked the Kindle site and normally you e-mail your .pdf file to your "[email protected]" but to get that special "name" you have to register your physical Kindle, which I don't have.

I want a couple of .pdf files in Kindle so they'll sync with Kindle on my Windows netbook. I know how to get them into iBooks, and that works just fine, but for sync reasons I would like to get them into Kindle on my iPad.

Any help or ideas? Apart from buying a real Kindle which I am NOT going to do now that I have a fantastic iPad 2!

burtondav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know.
But, I use Goodreader with dropbox to share PDF files between devices.
I also like that Goodreader let's you annotate the PDF files.
You could also use google docs to share PDF files.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Kindle app does not have all the features of the Kindle device, and as far I know (and last time I checked) it can not display PDF files.

There are a multitude of other apps that will. GoodReader is a decent choice. If you just want a free reader, then iBooks will display PDF files too. You can either add them to iTunes and sync, or mail them to your self and use Mail's Open In feature to copy them to iBooks. (If you do the second be sure to keep a copy elsewhere, because they will not get backed up in iTunes).

nemke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropbox?

Not sure about straight to the Kindle app but you can transfer using Dropbox.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
nemke said:
Not sure about straight to the Kindle app but you can transfer using Dropbox.

If you use "Open In" in Dropbox there is no option for the Kindle app for PDF files.

-t

Most reactions

Latest posts