What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks app, Kindle app or Nook app, which will you use?

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be looking for the B & N Nook app since the wife has a Nook.

Cya

It's totally off topic, but why were there so many i(Maxi)Pad jokes flying around... Sure, a 12 year old can find something to laugh at there... Now the Nook... That was a prime target for comedy... Who in the world came up with the name Nook-E-Reader? Nook-E? I mean, come on... It's the perfect device for Pr0n!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be looking for the B & N Nook app since the wife has a Nook.

Cya

It's totally off topic, but why were there so many i(Maxi)Pad jokes flying around... Sure, a 12 year old can find something to laugh at there... Now the Nook... That was a prime target for comedy... Who in the world came up with the name Nook-E-Reader? Nook-E? I mean, come on... It's the perfect device for Pr0n!

HA, Nook-e...funny....iPad is a rather unfortunate name tho....especially if you have an accent.

I liked iSlate better.

CanonicalKoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Nook and I'm looking forward to the iPad. E-ink is nice, but it's a pain not having backlighting. Barnes and Noble has also been slow getting publisher agreements signed, so the selection is rather limited. I'm thinking that Apple won't make that mistake!

Terrell45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the many reasons I am getting an iPad is for an e-reader. I was planning on using the iBooks app because of the slick interface but now I'm wondering if I might stick to the Kindle app instead. The Mrs. has a Kindle and loves it... but I was just thinking about how she is able to sync her Kindle app on her iPhone with her Kindle and share books back and forth. So if she has a Kindle account... I might just use her account on my iPad that way when either she or I order a book... we can essentially share it between the two devices. I guess if there is something that I know only I will read then I might go ahead and purchase it through the iBooks app... but if there is a chance that she might be interested in the same book it really makes sense to me atm to just purchase it in the Kindle app that way she can read it on her Kindle once I'm done with it.

What do you guys/gals think? Of those e-reader apps, which do you see yourself using the most?
I have a Kindle which for me is a functional if somewhat 'klunky' reader. I have ordered but not yet received an iPad. Your post included the ability to sync your wife's Kindle to your iPad. I have looked for a 'how to' for this but haven't turned one up yet. Do you have a link I could access to show me how this is done?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Terrell, when you install the Kindle app, the sync function is found right on the home screen. Once you register your iPad with Amazon, again from the Kindle app, you can send Amazon titles to the device via Whispersync just as you would to a Kindle. It's all done automatically at your command from the Manage Your Kindle page.

Most reactions

Latest posts