What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle App - Delete Books

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I keep reading ways to remove books from your kindle app so they’re not permanently deleted. All the features they mention I don’t have. I took screenshots. Any help appreciated. I have no “device” on the bottom of my ipad or iphone.

Attachments

• F159DF96-C29D-42DC-81CF-3F36D953608A.jpeg
    F159DF96-C29D-42DC-81CF-3F36D953608A.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 567348AE-651A-4928-AD5E-7CAF80B65A65.png
    567348AE-651A-4928-AD5E-7CAF80B65A65.png
    267.2 KB · Views: 57

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Library, where you are now, scroll to the top. Select “Downloaded”. Tap and hold one of the downloaded books. To delete the book from your device, but not from your library, select “Remove Download”:
8D2B1099-00EF-4861-899D-7C3AA054A19C.jpeg

OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In Library, where you are now, scroll to the top. Select “Downloaded”. Tap and hold one of the downloaded books. To delete the book from your device, but not from your library, select “Remove Download”:
View attachment 96602
I only had six books in my downloaded. The 1000+ are in “all”

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I only had six books in my downloaded. The 1000+ are in “all”
Hello, let me offer another suggestion using some screen captures from my iPad Pro - when I open my Kindle app and go to my library, the first pic below appears, i.e. the books that are downloaded on my iPad (just a dozen) - when I click on ALL, the expanded list appears of ALL the books I own from my purchases (most of which are NOT on my iPad at the moment) - in that second pic I've selected the book 'Catalina' which I no longer need - notice that an option is 'Permanently Delete' - if selected that book will be removed from your Amazon collection (see 3rd pic below) - if done then you would need to buy the book again. NOW, I don't know if there is a 'batch option' to remove multiple books at once? BUT, you can certainly do one by one if there are not that many. Dave :)

Kindle1.PNG
Kindle2.PNG
Kindle3.PNG

OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time with such a lovely response. Most of my books are borrowed from my library, not bought. I have two photos. What happens if I tap on a book under “all” and how much memory kindle takes.

Attachments

• D82F5370-2150-4CB5-8E9F-A59F7DF6AA8C.png
    D82F5370-2150-4CB5-8E9F-A59F7DF6AA8C.png
    273.5 KB · Views: 61

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time with such a lovely response. Most of my books are borrowed from my library, not bought. I have two photos. What happens if I tap on a book under “all” and how much memory kindle takes.
Hello again - well, sorry but not clear that most of your books are borrowed - I assume those in the ALL category have expired but their titles remain on your device - correct? Now I don't borrow books from my local library (wife does), but try going to your Amazon account and find the entry 'Kindle e-Readers & Books' (first pic below, far left - on my iPad Pro in the Safari browser), click and select 'Manage Content & Devices' (see arrow below in first pic) - this should open the 2nd pic shown below. If your borrowed books are there, select one to delete, pick 'More Options', then try the deletion choice (again the books shown are my purchased ones from Amazon).

I'm sure that you've done some online searching - e.g. a hit HERE that I found - take a look if the above does not help. Plus, you may want to provide information about your iPad model and iPadOS installed - there are likely different versions of the Kindle app which do not have the same appearing menus. My final draconian suggestion would be to delete the app and re-download - this might remove all of your books (then, you would have to reload the ones wanted) or Amazon may repopulate them again - don't know? Good luck and repost if still having an issue. Dave :)

ADDENDUM: just saw that you posted in the iPad Mini forum - but please still provide the model and iOS
KindleAmazon1.png
KindleAmazon2.PNG

Last edited:
OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I had gone to Amazon’s content and devices before. For some reason I can only delete. When I try to remove I get the screenshot I’ve attached. Why it does that I do not know.

I’m going to let it go for now. I still have memory on my ipad mini. I just thought I’d clean some up since it’s over 1200. I didn’t want to delete entirely since there are a number I borrowed that I never read. Sort of keeping thrm like a book list.

Maybe I’m a book hoarder lol. You were very kind & helpful. Thank you.

Attachments

• 4C5E594A-BC78-4C27-849C-16275BE754E3.png
    4C5E594A-BC78-4C27-849C-16275BE754E3.png
    516.2 KB · Views: 62

Most reactions