What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle books and iBooks: organize!

xenalyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, here's how it breaks down.

Back in October, my boyfriend got me a Kindle. I promptly loaded up on books and PDFs.

Over the weekend, I came into possession of an iPad. I spent some time downloading the Kindle books from Amazon's archive, and moving PDFs around.

My Kindle books show up only in the Kindle app. They're only sortable by title or author.

Question: is there a way to get Kindle books to show up in iBooks, for ease of organizing?

Subquestion: is there a way to organize the books in the Kindle app that I'm not seeing?

Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No, the Kindle DRM is proprietary and only works with Amazon's devices and apps. Even the non-DRM titles you may have on your Kindle will not work. iBooks uses the ePub format and Amazon does not. Though if you happen to have a couple non-DRM pdf files on your Kindle device you could put those in iBooks. It's pretty much the only file type they both support. I don't think the Kindle app supports pdf, but I'm not certain.

And again, no. The two methods of organizing your books in the Kindle app are it, for now anyway. Amazon updates the app every now and then, so there could be something better in the future.

Most reactions