What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tap Kindle icon, get Calendar. Why?

Boho774

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Would appreciate help with my mini. I go to Hope Page and tap on Settings but Calendar comes up. Tap on Kindle get Calendar. I close Calendar app, same thing . Why?

I use the Text to Voice on books a lot. But the speech has become extremely fat. I go into Assesible and make speech very slow. Come back to book, no change in reading spead of voice. If I go to Audible app and call up book the voice speed is just right, not very fast. I'm getting my new mini is defective.

Thanks for your help

Bo

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Bizarre.

If you have not done so, try these usual fixes and let us know if that helps.

If it does not, then you may need to restore the device. We can point you to instructions for that it it is necessary.

If that does not fix the issue, you may want to make a Genius appointment at an Apple Store, if one is nearby. The appointment itself is free, however fixing the iPad, if necessary, may cost; depending on your warrantee status.

------------------------------
The Usual Fixes
------------------------------

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app:

iOS 6: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app.

iOS 7: Double tap the Home button to get the multitasking display. Swipe up on the problem app's thumbnail image (not the icon).

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking. Do not confuse this with Erase All Content and Settings.

More detailed information at: iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

OP
B

Boho774

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks very much for your help. Will do. Never had an iPad or iPhone before.

Most reactions