What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to open mobi files..

Crusader556

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got an iPad mini and it appears that I can't open mobi files on my Kindle app. I also have a iPad3 and I have no problems opening mobi files on my Kindle app on it.

Basically I put my mobi e-books on skydrive and when I want to put them in the Kindle app I just select to open the files in another app and I can select the Kindle app. I am unable to do this with my iPad mini.

Both my iPad3 and Mini are running 6.1.3. I did some google searches and found that this may be an issue with some iPads running 6.1.3. I installed a file manager app on my Mini and it appears that it sees the mobi files as rar format files so it does not give me the option to open them with the Kindle app.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this issue? I was planning on using my Mini as my primary e-book reader and I was hoping to be able to do this without having to convert all my mobi files into mother format

Any help resolving this issue will much appreciated!

Most reactions

Latest posts