What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KILLED Ipad

Walker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have jailbroken my ipad 4.2.1 just like the video, It was working fine until I needed to shut down and reboot (ipad). When I came to reboot I could not boot in thethered state via redsnow. Which I have done before. after many attempts I thought I would try and restore via itunes. Which does not work either, have i KILLED my ipad?

What I have found is when I plug it into itunes it does not recognize it, nothing shows up under devices but it beeps when I plug it in, I get the itunes logo and usb logo on the ipad but nothing happens on the PC. I have tired several usb leads and different ports.

When I try and boot in tethered mode it beeps 3times (weird usb noise) then tells me i have not followed the instructions correctly.

IS MY IPAD DEAD?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gloup’s that’s why i refuse to JB my iDevices so many trouble …..

if you can’t wake up your ipad try to use RecBoot it should help you

OP
W

Walker

iPF Noob
Reaction score

if you can’t wake up your ipad try to use RecBoot it should help you

I will try this now and hope for the best

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is not a single case of a truly dead iPad or iPhone from jailbreaking....only people that don't understand how to recover it.

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only people who have trouble are the ones that jump into it without knowing what they're doing. If you have to come to a forum asking how to 'fix' it, then you jumped into it without knowing what you were doing ahead of time. My iPad is my very 1st Apple device EVER (I'm 50). Yet I've not had a single problem with jailbreaking or restoring or updating, etc.
Know what you're doing 1st.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only people who have trouble are the ones that jump into it without knowing what they're doing. If you have to come to a forum asking how to 'fix' it, then you jumped into it without knowing what you were doing ahead of time. My iPad is my very 1st Apple device EVER (I'm 50). Yet I've not had a single problem with jailbreaking or restoring or updating, etc.

This is why I won't do it unless I have someone do it for me.:D

OP
W

Walker

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Very nice to know you have no problem yourself being 50 and all.
I didn't just jump into it, I did read guides and other material, youtube ect...
I have restored it in the past but now it is not recognized on itunes so I seems I cant restore or boot in tethered state, it mentions no device found!

Chapco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Walker,

Can you please post the steps are are taking to boot with Redsnow?
I had an issue with redsnow failing to complete and crashing, and I just had to go through all the steps again. It seemed a little odd, but the problem seems to be resolved.

OP
W

Walker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used another computer and booted with redsnow from there. seems there is a problem with my USB port on this computer. Thanks to the person who suggested using a different computer

Most reactions

Latest posts