What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with retinapad and reboot

Tesoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello m8's, first post :D

I really want to install and enjoy retinapad on my ipad 4.2.1 but when i try to install retinapad i have to reboot.

When i reboot it freezes at the apple logo and i have to connect to itunes and return to normal un-JB state. That means I loose everything and have to re-do the jailbreak and install all my cydia stuff again, wich sucks.

I think it could have something to do with my jailbreak since it's only tethered.

Does anyone know a way to install retinapad on a tethered 4.2.1 ipad without haveing to reboot, or anohter way to make retinapad work :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to reboot the iPad in a TETHERED state. To do that you rerun redsn0w and choose the "just boot tethered now" option.
You won't be able to turn your iPad OFF but just follow the instructions on screen exactly as if it was turned off. The iPad will reboot jailbroken and everything will be fine.

OP
T

Tesoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you good sir :D

So just to be sure, when retinapad installed from cydia and it pops up with the message "reboot", i'll just have to reboot tethered like i use to do, just without turning the ipad off :) ?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, OR you could actually just ignore the reboot button in Cydia when it appears and proceed immediately as follows...
1. Plug in the dock cable and connect it to your PC (shut iTunes if you have it configured to start).
2. With cydia still showing the reboot message, Hold down the power key until the slide to turn off bar comes up and turn off the iPad...
3. Start redsn0w, and follow it through selecting the "just boot tethered now" option and following the instructions on screen.
4. Voila!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts