What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KeePass Can't Log In to new forum

larrymcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use KeePass to log into places. With the new forum format, KeePass does not work any more. So far I have tried using FireFox and Chrome on a Win XP system but I don't think the issue has anything to do with browsers.

I have done some experiments trying to log in manually. I find that after entering the username I can find no way to get to the password field other than to directly click on it. KeePass expects that one or more TAB characters will get you from the username field to the password field. One or more TAB characters does not get there. Neither does ENTER. I suspect that many users manually logging in might also expect TAB to go to the password field - but no such luck!

Does anyone know of what character will get from the username field to the password field? Or maybe this is just something that needs to be fixed on the forum side?

Thanks,
Larry

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use iCloud Keychain to enter my user name and password for sites I visit.

BTW, since you're logged in now, how did you solve your problem?

OP
larrymcg

larrymcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I said, you can log in by clicking (or touching) the password field and then manually entering the password.
The issue is finding a character, like TAB, that will get you from one field to the next.

iCloud Keychain isn't useful on non-Apple devices like a Windows PC so I use KeePass on Windows and my iPad.

Most reactions