What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help in setting up my mail account

planner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought my iPad 3 and I am trying to set up my mail account using Microsoft exchange. Can someone please tell me what I need to enter in the individual fields for setting up for a btinternet.com mail account. I set this up fine for my daughters iPhone but iPad does not have has many fields to completed and does not require separate outgoing or incoming server information which I can't understand why. When I enter the server name 'mail.btinternet.com' my username and password in the required fields and press done all that happens is that it tries to verify and fails.

So any help or advice to resolve this problem to get my iPad e-mail working would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Planner

Unleashed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
after you setup the email account if you go into the settings there should be an advanced option and if you check the account you setup it should have a space to type in the other fields such as incoming and outgoing server

OP
P

planner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I used 'other' rather than the 'Microsoft Exchange' account and it has set up everything automatically and is working fine now.

Thanks for help

Regards

Planner

Most reactions

Latest posts