What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keychain and Multiple Logins for Same Site

larrymcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use miniKeePass on the iPad and KeePass on my PCs to remember my passwords. For some websites I have more than one username/password which is no problem for miniKeePass. But I'm wondering if I can do that if I use keychain?

That is, does Keychain allow multiple username/password entries for the same website?

.. Larry

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use miniKeePass on the iPad and KeePass on my PCs to remember my passwords. For some websites I have more than one username/password which is no problem for miniKeePass. But I'm wondering if I can do that if I use keychain? That is, does Keychain allow multiple username/password entries for the same website? .. Larry
I have more than one Gmail account. When I have to login through Safari, keychain remembers my usernames/email accounts and passwords.

Last edited:
OP
larrymcg

larrymcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you are saying with just ONE Apple ID, Keychain can remember multiple username/password entries for the same site.
Does it show a list of username/password entries for you to select from when you visit the site?
-- Larry

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's one iCloud account that remembers them. Keychain works with iCloud, not the Apple ID.

I can see them in Settings - Safari - Passwords & Autofill - Saved Passwords.
Usually Safari shows the login details of the account that I used before, as soon as I look at the site. When I want to login with a different account, and I start entering the account, it will notice the account after just a few letters and show me those details. I only have to agree (tap "Go"), and Safari signs in for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts