What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep iPhone 4, after getting ipad 2?

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm curious if you will be keeping your iPhones after having the iPad? This spooked and ruined the iPhone for me. I now instinctively reach for my iPad it does everything so much better? Thoughts?

The 12th Doctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.doctorscompanion.net
I think I will be upgrading to an iPhone when I can. I mainly use my iPad around the house on wireless. It will be easier for me to connect both, and take the iPhone out with me should I need it. I think of it as a more compact iPad lol. Plus with imessage coming out, I can message my partner on the iPad when I'm out.

TeniBear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely! I do still use my iPhone as - well, a phone! Plus I've ordered the wi-fi only iPad, so my phone will be used for Internet if I'm out and about :)

Sent from my iPhone

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But only as much as we use it now with our iPads, right? I can't tell you the last time I took my iPad to play with Cheater Tunes.:D

Hardly ever ~

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I kept mine they compliment each other nicely, I wouldnt want to use any other phone I really like iOS! :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an iPhone 4 overseas in a pinch because I needed a GSM phone and wanted something easy to use. I could've easily sold it for more than retail price when my work assignment was over, but I found it indispensable because I love the camera. I also really like being able to easily synch my content across my phone, iPads and touch. YMMV

Reaction score
While I don't have an iPhone there are plenty of times, such as now, having my phone to do more than calls is much more convenient.
I have an app for forwarding texts to my Ipad Text Now app but find I'd rather have the reverse.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm curious if you will be keeping your iPhones after having the iPad? This spooked and ruined the iPhone for me. I now instinctively reach for my iPad it does everything so much better? Thoughts?

These are two different devices with different applications and use. Ipad is not a big Iphone.

inmy328xi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to own an iPhone but it was the 3G model so this iPad2 is a big upgrade however, my main phone device is a blackberry. But nonetheless if I did still use my iPhone I prob wouldn't get the iphone4 as my next upgrade because my iPad does it all.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to own an iPhone but it was the 3G model so this iPad2 is a big upgrade however, my main phone device is a blackberry. But nonetheless if I did still use my iPhone I prob wouldn't get the iphone4 as my next upgrade because my iPad does it all.

The iPhone 4 camera is significantly better than in previous models. (For those with interest in photos.)

The iPad 2 camera falls way short. I didn't buy an iPad for the camera, though. And it's actually come in handy for video Skype and a few times when I didn't have immediate access to a scanner. I took photos of a few docs and emailed them. The quality is grainy, but readable.

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried to communicate that to my FIL last night. :eek:

First, there are a lot of iPad-specific apps that either don't have an iPhone equivalent or, if they do, are written so that the iPad app might as well be a totally different (and better) app.

Second, many iPhone apps just don't display (in my opinion) usefully on the iPad, so I don't use them, even if they're installed on my iPad.

Third, the amount of visually displayed information on the iPad screen makes it useful or at least a lot easier to use for tasks that either don't work or don't work all that well on the iPhone screen. Sometimes size just plain matters. ;)

Fourth, touching links, etc., on the iPad screen is a whole lot easier...I miss a lot more often on the smaller iPhone screen.

OTOH, the iPad is a bigger device that pretty much requires either having a free hand or having some kind of bag or similar carrying device. The iPhone, on the other hand, lives in my shirt pocket except when I'm in sleeping.

These are two different devices with different applications and use. Ipad is not a big Iphone.

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
My phone is a 3GS and I love it as a phone and a mini-app machine.

The Ipad2 is not a phone. I have apps on it that are not on my phone. I am really enjoying my Ipad and so will you.

Most reactions

Latest posts