What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why an iPad if you have an iPhone?

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is true!!! I use both iPhone and iPad for different things. I don't always take my iPad with me when I leave the house. I cannot text everyone on the iPad if they are not using or did not upgrade to the iOS 5 OS. Text plus is really great for sending texts via iPad for free. I use wifi at home or if I am visiting friends and tethered 3G data from my iPhone when wifi is not available.

I don't run into too many people who feel this way! :))

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ipaddeveloper888 said:
I don't run into too many people who feel this way! :))

Really it's the most logical thing to do otherwise your data bill will be through the roof!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fid said:
Because my wife and daughter bought it for me.
I wanted a laptop. Now I don't.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

I still want the laptop lol.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPhone is 4.5 years old and I've taken off 3G and use it now only as a phone and for wifi (rarely). I use the iPad for all other Internet stuff. This saves me $10-15 a month and my iPad is almost always with me when I out and about. There is the odd time I'm not internet connected, but I was a young adult before cell phones even existed so I don't care about that

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hee Hee. Maybe not! This is another reason for having iPhone and iPad. If your partner has them as well. I use find my iPhone all the time. We talk to each other between the devices. The iPad is great for sitting in the car waiting for your partner to finish and the iPhone for calls, texting. But best of all. There is no need to find out how to work the new device. It's instantly familiar and that in a nutshell is one of the beauties of ios. That and iCloud and wifi synching.
IT JUST WORKS
Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Yes, the ease of use and reliability are big selling points.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont like smart phones. A phone is a phone. Its for talking to people. and I dont want to pay for the extra data transfers required. The Ipad has a nice screen for browsing or reading/typing. WIFI works just fine for me.

I rarely make phone calls. I use that function primarily to take care of business, and then only if email isn't better. I overhear people having inane phone calls all the time and wish there was some way the rest of us could be spared their conversations.

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I rarely make phone calls. I use that function primarily to take care of business, and then only if email isn't better. I overhear people having inane phone calls all the time and wish there was some way the rest of us could be spared their conversations.

Well, of course people making phone calls should be polite and limit their call or move if other people might be disturbed. This is common courtesy - rare in our world, I know!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
ipaddeveloper888 said:
Well, of course people making phone calls should be polite and limit their call or move if other people might be disturbed. This is common courtesy - rare in our world, I know!

Yes. One of many of life's lessons that can be learned by watching STAR TREK.

AA
image-469496540.png

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

One of the few places i get relief from this phenomenon is when i am in the london under ground, deep in the tunnel there is no cellular signal so no phone. But when the train rises up to surface and, out the tunnel, the conversations starts again.

RIP Steve Jobs 

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
ipaddeveloper888 said:
I don't remember much about this particular episode but wasn't this the one where the aliens tortured Kirk, Mccoy, and Spock? Thats not very polite! :)

I think these are the guys who communicated by thought. But I could be wrong. It's been a while and, MY thought processes are a little muddy these days.
Anyway, nice to meet someone who recognized an STOS image right off the bat. :)

AA

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think these are the guys who communicated by thought. But I could be wrong. It's been a while and, MY thought processes are a little muddy these days.
Anyway, nice to meet someone who recognized an STOS image right off the bat. :)

AA

yeah. you are right, I think. This must be from one of the first pilots which was eventually made into the 2-part episode, menagerie. I was thinking of some other aliens from an episode called "the Empath".

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The joy of Star Trek aliens. Loved those wobbly sets

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

Most reactions