What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iphone use since buying ipad

mitch1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do any of you use your iphone as much as you did before getting the ipad? I only make phone calls on mine now. Everything I did on my iphone, I do on the ipad now. I'm thinking of getting rid of the iphone and just getting a regular cell phone. I dont need two data plans anymore.
What are your thoughts?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Same here, I just use it as a phone and on rare occasions tether to my iPad to get 3G on the iPad. I still like it though, but really it's overkill for me now....

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been thinking of dropping the iPhone too. It's now only used for texts and calls, so the data plan is really a waste. I've only kept it to tether since it's the fastest Internet I have, but with the AT&T changes, I probably won't be doing that much longer :) the price to tether for 2 gig data just isn't worth it. And I have a feeling they will be cracking down on unauthorized tethering!

mraif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do any of you use your iphone as much as you did before getting the ipad? I only make phone calls on mine now. Everything i did on my iphone, i do on the ipad now. I'm thinking of getting rid of the iphone and just getting a regular cell phone. I dont need two data plans anymore.
What are your thoughts?

+1 :d

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I've been thinking of dropping the iPhone too. It's now only used for texts and calls, so the data plan is really a waste. I've only kept it to tether since it's the fastest Internet I have, but with the AT&T changes, I probably won't be doing that much longer :) the price to tether for 2 gig data just isn't worth it. And I have a feeling they will be cracking down on unauthorized tethering!

The pricing changes only effect new customers. If you already have a plan it will not effect you......

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The pricing changes only effect new customers. If you already have a plan it will not effect you......

Right, but you also will not be able to tether legitimately unless you switch to the new pricing. And once they start charging, there is no way they are going to keep looking the other way about the free tethering we've been doing.

For the first time in three years, I've spent some time checking out what new phones are available.

Dav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My phone is only getting used less around the house but if I'm out and about the iPhone is still top dog :D.

Most reactions

Latest posts