What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep iPad Mini?

MrDoug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just sold my iPad 1 and bought the Mini.. I am very temped to go buy the iPad 4 as well and keep both.. the iPad 4 for at home and in bed and the Mini for out and about.. what's your take?.. I like both very well.. but I do miss the big screen on the iPad when at home on the couch and in bed.. the Mini is so awesome I hate to ditch it.. has anyone had this problem or decision to make?
Doug

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MrDoug said:
I just sold my iPad 1 and bought the Mini.. I am very temped to go buy the iPad 4 as well and keep both.. the iPad 4 for at home and in bed and the Mini for out and about.. what's your take?.. I like both very well.. but I do miss the big screen on the iPad when at home on the couch and in bed.. the Mini is so awesome I hate to ditch it.. has anyone had this problem or decision to make?
Doug

If you can afford both, why not. I find watching video on a larger screen is certainly better.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I find it invaluable to be able to refer to one device while using the other. In my case the second device is an iPhone, but I wouldn't say no to a mini.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the 3 and the mini. My intent was the same as yours, using the mini on the go and the 3 for home. Turns out I spend all my time on the mini anyway, home or away, and because of that, whenever I use the iPad 3 it feels heavy and way too big to me. I'm planning on getting a wall mount for my iPad 3, and using it as a picture frame or something of the sort.

For me, two iPads just doesn't work out, I have a lot of data that isn't easily synced across the two and it bothers me. Personally I love the mini, and awaiting a future version with a retina display. But if you want something from iPad 4 that isn't satisfying on the mini, and if you have the money, it may benefit you to get a a full sized iPad also.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know this is a strange question, but how does one use an iPad in bed? I have zero concept of that. Certainly. One doesn't hold it, right?

OP
MrDoug

MrDoug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is a strange question, but how does one use an iPad in bed? I have zero concept of that. Certainly. One doesn't hold it, right?
Hi. Good ? But in bed. You get comfy with pillows to prop your head up to a 45 degree or so angle and rest the iPad on top of the covers between your belly bottom and your lower rib cage. LOL Works great and that way you are not holding up any weight.
Doug. :). Try it and let me know if you like

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MrDoug said:
Hi. Good ? But in bed. You get comfy with pillows to prop your head up to a 45 degree or so angle and rest the iPad on top of the covers between your belly bottom and your lower rib cage. LOL Works great and that way you are not holding up any weight.

I will try it! BTW, I have an iPad 3 and a mini. Keeping both.

OP
MrDoug

MrDoug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 3 and the mini. My intent was the same as yours, using the mini on the go and the 3 for home. Turns out I spend all my time on the mini anyway, home or away, and because of that, whenever I use the iPad 3 it feels heavy and way too big to me. I'm planning on getting a wall mount for my iPad 3, and using it as a picture frame or something of the sort.

For me, two iPads just doesn't work out, I have a lot of data that isn't easily synced across the two and it bothers me. Personally I love the mini, and awaiting a future version with a retina display. But if you want something from iPad 4 that isn't satisfying on the mini, and if you have the money, it may benefit you to get a a full sized iPad also.
Yes the weight of the Mini makes it hard to use anything else. I love the Mini more each day. Never thought I would.

OP
MrDoug

MrDoug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will try it! BTW, I have an iPad 3 and a mini. Keeping both.
Yes. I need to go pick up iPad 4 or I will never be satisfied. I have a big addiction problem. :). I need to have both as well.
Doug ... You just convinced me.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MrDoug said:

Agreed. I knew my beer gut had a greater purpose. Cool, no more sit-ups or ab workouts, I need my gut! :)

It actually does work well while in bed. I use mine all the time before bed. Watching twilight zone episodes through Netflix is my favorite before bed activity. Half hour, I get sleepy, I wake up refreshed the next day.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yeah, Yeah! It's OK for you you blokes, you can still see your belly buttons and have obvious rib cages

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hated using my iPad in bed... got tired of holding it... it would fall from my propped pillows... then the cat....

iPad mini has been a life saver in that regard...

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a gut myself what I do is prop up a pillow and rest the iPad on my chest.

Most reactions

Latest posts