What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with my ipad 3 please!

HellOnHighWHeels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to iPad - Got a few questions...

1. How do I get my iPad 3 to receive a basic Bluetooth jpeg image from my Nokia E5 smartphone? I thought it would just be a case of turning Bluetooth on & choosing my phone, but it won't connect. I have never had trouble connecting my phone to my main pc. I haven't tried connecting my iPad to my pc yet, but I'm hoping it works.

2. Is there any way to connect my 3 Internet dongle to my iPad? If not, can I use my laptop for wifi instead of my pc (for travel purposes)?

3. Is there ANY way at all to connect a storage device to my iPad? Preferably a portable hdd, but even a flash-drive or SD card would do. I know cloud exists, but not fond of the idea of making all my files available online, nor paying to access my own files... Portable files would only contain image formats & movie / music formats.

Thanks! :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
HellOnHighWHeels said:
Hi, I'm new to iPad - Got a few questions...

1. How do I get my iPad 3 to receive a basic Bluetooth jpeg image from my Nokia E5 smartphone? I thought it would just be a case of turning Bluetooth on & choosing my phone, but it won't connect. I have never had trouble connecting my phone to my main pc. I haven't tried connecting my iPad to my pc yet, but I'm hoping it works.

2. Is there any way to connect my 3 Internet dongle to my iPad? If not, can I use my laptop for wifi instead of my pc (for travel purposes)?

3. Is there ANY way at all to connect a storage device to my iPad? Preferably a portable hdd, but even a flash-drive or SD card would do. I know cloud exists, but not fond of the idea of making all my files available online, nor paying to access my own files... Portable files would only contain image formats & movie / music formats.

Thanks! :)

1.I don't know to go about sending photos to your iPad via bluetooth but have you tried emailing the photo to yourself? You can then move the image to your camera roll from your email inbox.

2.I'm afraid that you can't connect your Internet dongle to your iPad. Your iPad can receive a wifi signal from a wifi hotspot produced by your phone,laptop,etc.

3.Have you seen this thread called network attached storage,which talks about setting up a personal cloud storage using a portable hard drive.

http://www.ipadforums.net/network-attached-storage-nas/74006-personal-cloud-storage.html

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad does not support the Bluetooth file sending protocol.

It may be supported in iOS 6, or so some articles are suggesting. But since iOS 6 is still in beta that support could easily disappear before it's released; probably some time this Fall.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
#3. Air Stash A02. Comes with an 8Gb SD card.

OP
H

HellOnHighWHeels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
1.I don't know to go about sending photos to your iPad via bluetooth but have you tried emailing the photo to yourself? You can then move the image to your camera roll from your email inbox.

2.I'm afraid that you can't connect your Internet dongle to your iPad. Your iPad can receive a wifi signal from a wifi hotspot produced by your phone,laptop,etc.

3.Have you seen this thread called network attached storage,which talks about setting up a personal cloud storage using a portable hard drive.

http://www.ipadforums.net/network-attached-storage-nas/74006-personal-cloud-storage.html

Thank you! This is REALLY helpful! :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have trouble transferring the photo to the camera roll,check out this photo.

image-2166870373.jpgtouching "save image" will transfer the image to your camera roll.

Most reactions

Latest posts