What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 after IOS8.1.3 doesn't support camera connection kit

BNTaylor2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the past I have loaded many SD images to my iPad 3 using the 20 pin camera connection kit, but after upgrading to IOS 8.1.3 the device no longer supports the kit. How do I get images loaded to my iPad now? I do not have a computer. Is there a way to load digital camera images residing on an SD card to iphone 6?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try leaving the SD card in the camera, then with the camera on, use the other half of the CCK to connect the camera directly to the iPad.

That's the only thing I can think of at the moment. I no longer have the equipment to test this out.

OP
B

BNTaylor2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try leaving the SD card in the camera, then with the camera on, use the other half of the CCK to connect the camera directly to the iPad. That's the only thing I can think of at the moment. I no longer have the equipment to test this out.
Try leaving the SD card in the camera, then with the camera on, use the other half of the CCK to connect the camera directly to the iPad. That's the only thing I can think of at the moment. I no longer have the equipment to test this out.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In the past I have loaded many SD images to my iPad 3 using the 20 pin camera connection kit, but after upgrading to IOS 8.1.3 the device no longer supports the kit. How do I get images loaded to my iPad now? I do not have a computer. Is there a way to load digital camera images residing on an SD card to iphone 6?

Hello - as to your iPad 3, I'm assuming that you are using the 30-pin CCK shown below - agree w/ TP's advice of trying a direct camera connection (which at times can be tricky - I always take the SD card out of my cameras) - you might want to also 'Reset' the iPad, if not already done.

As to you iPhone 6 which has a lightning dock, a different adapter would be needed to read your camera's SD card (or a 30-pin to lightning adapter in-between). NOW, if you want to get your camera's pics to different iDevices, then many wireless options exist (and you may want to look into the iCloud photo choices); but for me, I've been using the AirStash device - accepts your camera's SD card, establishes its own personal Wi-Fi network which you join on your iDevice by using their free app - bought this when I had an old iPad 2 and the 30-pin CCK; now have an iPad Air 2 and have not purchased any new lightning camera kit adapters, can just use the AirStash - just a consideration and other similar wireless devices are available. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 11.16.56 AM.png
61N5caGHcnL._SL1500_.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad 3 is currently on iOS 8.1.3 and I just used the camera connection kit and the SD card from my digital camera to successfully transfer several pictures to my iPad. This means that whatever is causing your problem, it's not a problem inherent in iOS 8.1.3.

OP
B

BNTaylor2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe so. I tried using the Apple store's connection kit and that didn't work either. Someone suggested there may be some corrosion on my iPad's pin connector, preventing proper connection. If so, direct connection to the camera would not work either. I resolved the problem by buying a SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive. It worked like a charm to transfer images wirelessly from my SD card to my iPad. It will do the same for my iPhone 6+. Thanks for the help.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Maybe so. I tried using the Apple store's connection kit and that didn't work either. Someone suggested there may be some corrosion on my iPad's pin connector, preventing proper connection. If so, direct connection to the camera would not work either. I resolved the problem by buying a SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive. It worked like a charm to transfer images wirelessly from my SD card to my iPad. It will do the same for my iPhone 6+. Thanks for the help.

Just a few more details for those who may be wondering about some of the 'wireless' devices being mentioned - the AirStash that I described and linked in my previous post works in a similar fashion and can be used w/ a camera's SD card to transfer images from different iDevices, each simply requires the app installed and a connection to the 'personal' Wi-Fi network created.

I'm assuming that the SanDisk works in a similar fashion, i.e. some 'wireless' connection plus a proprietary app on the iDevice(s) - a LOT of options using this theme have emerged, so plenty of choices depending on your needs; another one that has been around a while is the Apotop Wi Copy (shown below) which has a few extra features - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 6.43.04 PM.png

Most reactions