What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just found forum, own iPad since Wi-Fi release day one

mayo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jerry here. MacBook owner for 2+ years, Apple TV owner for 3+ years, and multi iPod owner for years :) Wife has an iPhone that I'm allowed to use nights. weekends and some holidays.

I purchased the iPad 3G 64 Gb Wi-Fi 1st day of release (my local Apple store had some after 2pm cutoff for pre-order reservations). I swore that I was going to wait for the 2nd generation unit next year, as the press, blogs, etc. had such bad reviews after the Jan announcement. I went to the mall with my wife on day of release and stopped in the Apple store just to see if I could touch, hold (yes play) with one for a few minutes. After the first 15 minutes using it I new if they had any available I would be leaving with one. I know Steve Jobs has some quirky sayings; however I do have to say that the iPad is "magical". It really puts the Web and computing in general in your hands. Not using a mouse and just pointing at what your brain is thinking is going to make this iPad thing more of a huge success than it already is. The market for non computer owners is HUGE for the iPad. Since I've owned my iPad I hardly use my MacBook as often as I use to, and that was on a daily basis.

I also can't believe I just found this forum yesterday. It happened while I was searching for similar issues with my Incase iPad Convertible Book Jacket (BTW-based on a post in this forum I contacted Incase and they are going to replace my cover).

Most reactions