What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wi-Fi problems

markwebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys have you checked out the long threads in these forums concerning wifi problems?

The chances that you have a defective machine are fairly remote. 90% of wifi problems are down to router settings and interference/poor reception.
Lots of good advice has been given in those threads so sit down and have a good read.

I sincerely doubt it based upon the number of issues with these Ipads and the infamous Iphone 4. EVERYTHING (laptops, Droids, Macs, etc) I throw at my router connects...except for this Ipad.

I am VERY tired of hearing "it is your router." Apple does make faulty products.

I-pdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I relocated my router and i am still experiencing problems, although last night it seemed to be working fine. I have subscribed to netflix which is very cool, uncool if wifi is dropping out.

Jerri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a soon to be new owner - are there recommendations on the type of "router" to purchase? Brand name and model would be helpful. I have just one computer located in the basement office and want to use the iPad on the main floor.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Iamking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad works fine now it was the signal from my internet conection

I-pdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reset the device to it's original settings and now it is working much better.

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using a net gear at home and a net gear at a friends with no issues at all but bit are up to date with firmware

OP
I

iPadIt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully OS 4 will cover this but it may not be fixed until second gen. next year.

robmazco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no internet, must be your problem not apples..

All the apple lovers always say its your router/switch or whatever. Clearly not always the case.
I have one ipad connecting fine to wifi and internet, yet other one right next to it connects to wifi (with ip 169.#.#.#, which clearly shows its only acquiruing it sown ip address) and no internet.
Both ipads have been reset and such, only one works. Geez if I hit 50% in the major leagues Id be super rich!
Yup must be my router....
Not trying to bash, just sick of the cop-outs and excuses.

Most reactions

Latest posts