What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wi-fi reception

EdMia12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad used to work great, now doesn't pick up my home network . Other computers and my wife's iPad pick it up fine. I have to be next to the router to pick it up. I recently dropped the iPad, and had the glass replaced. Could that fall have affected the wi-fi antenna?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
EdMia12 said:
My iPad used to work great, now doesn't pick up my home network . Other computers and my wife's iPad pick it up fine. I have to be next to the router to pick it up. I recently dropped the iPad, and had the glass replaced. Could that fall have affected the wi-fi antenna?

I have heard many members say the same thing after having their glass replaced and have read that it is very easy to damage the wifi antenna when doing this. Was it still working before you had the glass replaced? As it is probably this and not the fall that has done it.

J.Alfuraih

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
jadealfuraih.wordpress.com
Another good tip is to download an app called Speedtest (for free). Its actually for iPhone but works on iPad too. It will show you your connection speed which will give you some idea of the condition of your wi-fi from your iPad. Also, make sure you restart your iPad and check all the software is up to date. If none of this helps, I would defiantly go back to Apple and see what can be done.

I sometimes get issues like this with my iPad, and then a day or so later it works fine again. Sometimes I think maybe its my router as we have a lot of devices connected to it. Since then, I got a new (better) router and my iPad is working great again. Just another thing to consider if you are still at a loss :)

Most reactions