What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jot Stylus

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just got my new Adonis Jot stylus. Though one day of experience isn't nearly enough of a test, I thought I would share my initial thoughts with you.

This stylus is the best I have tried!

It is long enough, is nicely weighted, and looks nice. With the nib and clear plastic disk on the bottom, you can write as accurately with it as you can with a pen!

There are a couple of minor shortcomings for me: though you can tilt it, I can't quite get the shallow angle that I want---and that nib looks very fragile. Granted, it has an end cap that unscrews and can be screwed over the "business end" for storage, it still isn't anything to let the kids play with.

I like a large barrel, and though the Jot 's is reasonably large I put a sponge grip around it.

A great stylus!

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Currently waiting for mine, ordered on 8-15, got about 3 more weeks to go :-(

Yue923

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah. I am curious to know about the comparison with iFaraday

OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK, Mr. Stylus Guru, how does it compare to the iFaraday?

Welllll---too early to really tell. For me, the iFaraday is the best of what we might call the "conventional styluses;" that is, the ones with the rubbery tips. Could be because I have mostly used that type to date, but I miss the feel of a little drag. The Jot has a plastic on plastic feel that I will have to get used to. But the precision and response sensitivity of the Jot will probably outweigh this factor. I suspect that the Jot will win (for me!) hands down. Time will tell.

Good luck in your own search for the Holy Grail Stylus!

Glenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, Mr. Stylus Guru, how does it compare to the iFaraday?

Welllll---too early to really tell. For me, the iFaraday is the best of what we might call the "conventional styluses;" that is, the ones with the rubbery tips. Could be because I have mostly used that type to date, but I miss the feel of a little drag. The Jot has a plastic on plastic feel that I will have to get used to. But the precision and response sensitivity of the Jot will probably outweigh this factor. I suspect that the Jot will win (for me!) hands down. Time will tell.

Good luck in your own search for the Holy Grail Stylus!

x2 for me - the plastic on plastic hard feel is different but the most accurate I have had so far - no big tip to get in the way when editing text...love the faraday but I keep breaking off the shirt clips on them. The jot is a higher quality pen too - we'll see how it works on the next road trip...the cap that screws off and screws on the other end while using is pure class...

Last edited:

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did either of you try the Wacom bamboo stylus? Just curious and if you did how it compared to the iFaraday

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
x2 for me - the plastic on plastic hard feel is different but the most accurate I have had so far - no big tip to get in the way when editing text...love the faraday but I keep breaking off the shirt clips on them. The jot is a higher quality pen too - we'll see how it works on the next road trip...the cap that screws off and screws on the other end while using is pure class...

As to "the cap that screws off and screws on the other end":

I've ordered a Jot and already have a Boxwave.

Two things I really like with the Boxwave is it has a pen at the other end but its cap, instead of screwing on the cap is held on with magnets! Works fantastically! I'll have to wait 'till I get my Jot, but I think screwing the cap on and off will be very annoying after using the magnetic cap of the Boxwave stylus.

Glenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As to "the cap that screws off and screws on the other end":

I've ordered a Jot and already have a Boxwave.

Two things I really like with the Boxwave is it has a pen at the other end but its cap, instead of screwing on the cap is held on with magnets! Works fantastically! I'll have to wait 'till I get my Jot, but I think screwing the cap on and off will be very annoying after using the magnetic cap of the Boxwave stylus.

forget the magnets or screw on or off, that was a minor point...the major point of the jot is it's a much better stylus than a boxwave - which I also own...

however, I have found one drawback - it "taps" rather loudly unlike other soft ball styli...it will get on your wife's nerves in bed or watching a movie.....

Last edited:
OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You seem crazy at stylus! Why don't you like fingers?

Try using a handwriting app for several hours and then check back in to the forum and ask that question again!:D I think that you will see no need to do so! Nothing against fingers. I'm still attached to mine! I have just found that pencils work better on paper and stluses work better on my iPad.

OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A small update: I sometimes get a little glitch at the start of each letter if I am not careful. It is caused by the disk being slightly canted at the angle it had at the end of the last stroke: not a major problem, but one I will probably correct for automatically with experience.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Heaviside and others

I've been using a Targus since last December. It gets a big workout most days and I'm pretty used to it, silly round tip and all.

Lately it has started to drag on the screen intermittently; I'm not sure of the cause, maybe age or a build-up of crud on its nib (have never cleaned it apart from lightly brushing it on my shirt every now and again).

This Jot stylus sounds interesting; I'd love a more accurate stylus. But I don't use a screen protector and plastic on plastic sounds like it might result in a screen covered in faint scratches.

Do you use a screen protector with the Jot?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Heaviside and others

I've been using a Targus since last December. It gets a big workout most days and I'm pretty used to it, silly round tip and all.

Lately it has started to drag on the screen intermittently; I'm not sure of the cause, maybe age or a build-up of crud on its nib (have never cleaned it apart from lightly brushing it on my shirt every now and again).

This Jot stylus sounds interesting; I'd love a more accurate stylus. But I don't use a screen protector and plastic on plastic sounds like it might result in a screen covered in faint scratches.

Do you use a screen protector with the Jot?

Cleaning the tip of styluses like the Targus is a good idea if you want to keep "drag" to a minimum. A bit of dish soap solution followed by rinsing with water and letting it dry should do the trick.

As far as your second comment is concerned, your screen is not plastic. It's glass. In fact, if rumors are correct, it's Gorilla Glass from Corning and while it can be shattered, it is VERY difficult to scratch.

Most reactions

Latest posts