What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small Tipped Microfiber Stylus Recommendations?

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have used a bunch of different styluses since day 1 (of iPad 1) and have come to the conclusion that the microfiber point is best for handwriting. I used to like the iFaraday, but the point is too large---or at least it was with the several I had. I am familiar with (I think) all the threads here on styluses.

My current favorite is the LYNCtec TrueGlide, but though it is very nice for handwriting it has some problems with tapping on such things as url links. I think the problem is that the flexible backing for the nib doesn't fill out and support the sides of the point adequately. Also, the paint has worn off in spots and, though it initially looked pretty classy, the appearance went to pot pretty quickly. I am looking for another without these problems.

Does anyone have experience with others?

Last edited:

Ron7624

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've only had this one for a week: Bear Motion ® Premium Conductive Fiber Stylus with Built in Ball Pen for iPad.
I posted the link to amazon but the forum software wouldn't allow it.
It is a pen and a stylus and is very light weight. It is remarkably sensitive and perfect for handwriting and tapping.
The price was good, but shipping was just as much as the stylus' cost. The one I purchased black and painted with the high-gloss black paint. I'm worried that the paint will start to wear like yours did. Time will tell.

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score

reinbeau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought those Trent styli, I didn't care for them at all. I have the Musemee Notier V2 and am reasonably happy with it. I didn't realize it was so hard to find a good, fine point stylus for the iPad.

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought those Trent styli, I didn't care for them at all. I have the Musemee Notier V2 and am reasonably happy with it. I didn't realize it was so hard to find a good, fine point stylus for the iPad.

You said "reasonably" happy. As the Notier seems similar to the Adonit Jot, I am wondering what the downsides of the Notier are. A review says that the rubber shank that attaches the disk seems fragile and easy to pull out, but it looks as though you might have a larger potential writing angle with the Notier.

reinbeau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You said "reasonably" happy. As the Notier seems similar to the Adonit Jot, I am wondering what the downsides of the Notier are. A review says that the rubber shank that attaches the disk seems fragile and easy to pull out, but it looks as though you might have a larger potential writing angle with the Notier.
I say 'reasonably' because, as I noted, I am amazed that you can't get a fine point to write with on an iPad. Didn't realize this was an issue, but it is. I read many reviews between the Notier and the Adonit Jot. The Notier comes with a replacement tip, so if it does break, you've already got it - the Jot's tips are harder to come by and not cheap. The writing angle is what I was looking at and reviews said it was better with the Notier, which is why I ended up going with it. I'm very new to the iPad, so it's hard for me to make a judgement yet, but I think you'll be happier with the Notier than the Jot. I went through reviews on Amazon extensively before making my choice.

ETA I also read the the Jot was the one that was going to break before the Notier. YMMV - good luck with your choice! :)

Most reactions