What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jot Stylus

OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Heaviside and others

I've been using a Targus since last December. It gets a big workout most days and I'm pretty used to it, silly round tip and all.

Lately it has started to drag on the screen intermittently; I'm not sure of the cause, maybe age or a build-up of crud on its nib (have never cleaned it apart from lightly brushing it on my shirt every now and again).

This Jot stylus sounds interesting; I'd love a more accurate stylus. But I don't use a screen protector and plastic on plastic sounds like it might result in a screen covered in faint scratches.

Do you use a screen protector with the Jot?

Sorry, my "plastic on plastic" was a bit of a senior moment. I'm not really sure what the disk is made of---and, as jsh1120 said, the screen is glass. The effect is not a major one, only a small thing to get used to.

I don't use a screen protector, and there is no problem with scratches: the disk slides across rhe screen quite smoothly.

P.S. I used alcohol and a cotton swab to clean the tip of my Targus. Don't know whether that would cause any pdeterioration as I no longer use it.

Last edited:

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, OK...Enough of this, Heaviside. You're forcing me to order a Jot. D**n, you! And if you find any other even better styluses, keep them to yourself or I'm going to put my wife in contact with you.

OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't do that!:D My own wife gets on me enough now for being such a stylus freak! But the Jot is worth all the flak.

Glenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW, does the jot pro come with some type of holder that will magnetically attach to your pad?

OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BTW, does the jot pro come with some type of holder that will magnetically attach to your pad?

I think so, but check the Adonit website for specifics.

OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just an update: after using the Jot intensively for several days, I am ready to stick my neck out and say that there are, at present, none better for handwriting apps!

Glenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
x2

just ordered a 2nd one..this is the only one to use...

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How long did it take you to get yours when you ordered your first one? I ordered mine 8-15 and it said about 4 weeks so I still have another week to go, just hoping it won't be longer than that.

OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How long did it take you to get yours when you ordered your first one? I ordered mine 8-15 and it said about 4 weeks so I still have another week to go, just hoping it won't be longer than that.

Got mine right away, but I was lucky. According to "kickstarter" emails, they are grouping them by various categories for mailing---then shipping all that category in a given mailing. Be patient! It is worth the wait.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, thinking maybe I should have just ordered 2 so I wouldn't have to go through the wait again :)

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got an email yesterday saying it shipped so it was 1 month and 2 days. I did send them an email on Friday inquiring about my order so I'm not sure if it usually takes this long or my order slipped through the cracks and wasn't realized until I inquired. When I placed the order I was informed it could take 4 weeks so I was prepared for the wait. I'm just glad that I should have it some time this week, I ordered the pro in gun metal.

OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got an email yesterday saying it shipped so it was 1 month and 2 days. I did send them an email on Friday inquiring about my order so I'm not sure if it usually takes this long or my order slipped through the cracks and wasn't realized until I inquired. When I placed the order I was informed it could take 4 weeks so I was prepared for the wait. I'm just glad that I should have it some time this week, I ordered the pro in gun metal.

An excellent choice! If I had it to do over, that would be my coice. In fact----??

Jasonastacio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:

Great news. Please drop a review when it arrives.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick update, I guess the email I got Saturday was just letting me know that a shipping label had been printed, it hadn't actually shipped. BUT I checked the tracking number this morning and it shows the delivery date being tomorrow (Tuesday). The only shipping available is standard ground (7 days) for $6 which is what I was billed on my receipt. Not complaining at all, just surprised it's going to be here that soon. By the way, tracking shows its coming from Louisville, KY and I live in Seattle, WA.

Last edited:

Most reactions