What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John from Nineveh Junction, NY

JWKessler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My birthday is this week (June 2011) so I treated myself to a new iPad 2 - 64 GB - 3G in white. Actually I've been saving my pin money for months for this "gift" to myself.

I do web sites for small, low budget, local mom & pop businesses. I don't get rich doing that, but I feel I'm helping my community some and I got my iPad from the proceeds.

I'm now 65 and have be4en retired for two years - thanks to the recession. Thanks deregulators for ending my career early. In any case, I have been doing better then younger folks who got caught up in this mess so I'm not complaining.

I'm a long time Apple user, buying my first Mac (a 68k Performa running system 7) as a replacement for my beloved Atari Mega ST. I currently use an Intel iMac and have 3 or four other Macs in the house.

I skipped the iPad 1 realizing that the lack of a camera would be the first logical addition to this device. I did grab a 2nd generation iPod Touch and a good friend and my sister both jumped into the iPad waters early so I had a good opportunity to become familiar with these devices.

I'm looking forward to many years of iPad use. So far the device looks like a dream.

Owl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, JWKessler. I'm new here also, so I figured I'd say "hello" and Happy Birthday!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi John - Happy BD! :)

I just turned 65 y/o in April and am about to retire at the end of June (academic GI radiologist - hence my user name at Wake Forest Medical School).

Also, new to the iPad2 - have had an iPod (2G) for a while and enjoy; so the iPad was an easier device to use from the start. Every day seems to bring 'something' new in understanding the features of this nifty machine! :D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts