What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from western NY state (USA)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. Thought I'd take a moment to de-lurk and introduce myself.

I am the pleased-as-punch owner of a 16gb Wifi/3G iPad. I originally bought it to use as a "couch web-surfing appliance," but I am finding out I can do a lot more with it. Very nice.

I have never owned a touch screen device and my current cell phone (that I usually forget to take with/turn on) is a cheap Tracfone...

My first impression of the iPad is: Oh my goodness, this thing is fun to play with! I can already see I will have to keep a careful eye out to make sure I don't spend all my time toying with this...

I am retired and pursuing a 2d college degree (B.S. Accounting). So, I use it mostly at home, in the original purchase mode: couch surfing. However, I do take it to school and am finding it quite handy there. For one, I can keep my homework assignments on it and just use the iPad when it's time for review versus having to waste all that paper. Cool!

Frankly - I am finding more and more ways (excuses?) to use this thing. Oh, and I should be barred from the app store ... or at least have my credit card locked up. Yeah, I mostly get the freebies, but some of these apps are hard to resist!! :D Oh, and I've ordered an Oberon cover for it because 1) they are gorgeous (!) and 2) I wanted one (well, the iPad should be protected, right?).

Nope, it won't replace my desktop set-up for hard-core typing, nor will it replace my e-reader (a Pocketbook 360°), which weighs in at a mere 5.3 ounces - great for extended reading.

But, it definitely serves the purpose for which I bought it ... 100-fold! And, I've got more uses out of it than I anticipated. For example, I can text/be texted for free - without having to turn on the #$%(#* cell phone or using that teeny-tiny non-QWERTY keyboard! Ultimately, it was an impulse buy (cause it sure as heck wasn't a NEED) that I am completely happy with. Yay for me!

Thanks for letting me ramble a bit - and thanks for having such a helpful forum. I haven't had any problems with my device, but it's nice to read all the tips and tricks. 'Preciate it.

/De-lurking ... now back to your regular programming. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts