What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken iPad issues

AriellaRaine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok last night I traded my brother-in-law for his jailbroken iPad. I got it from him completely dead and he told me that all I would have to do is restore it to its factory settings.

I come home, plug it in my computer, let it charge up enough to where it turns itself on, and it freezes at the loading screen. I've tried different combinations of the home key/power button, like I've read on other sites, but so far the most I've been able to do is reset it. iTunes recognizes the iPad and everything but if I try to restore it iTunes freezes along with the iPad.

So my iPad won't charge, it freezes, and I have no clue as to what to do about it. The only two things I could even remotely think of, that might help, is to connect it my brother-in-law's computer, charge it, restore it, and then put it on my computer OR, once my sister finds the wall adapter, charge it from the adapter and then try to restore it once it's fully charged.

I am really hoping that there is a solution because I traded my desktop iMac for this iPad and I'd really love for it to work so I don't feel like I got jipped. (Note I completely trust my brother-in-law. He's a genius when it comes to electronics so he may be able to help me but I don't know when I'll see him again.)

lrg32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it was completely dead when you got it, id try using the wall charger to charge it up 1st then restore on itunes. If you're able to get into DFU mode then theres no reason it should't restore.

Also try using different USB ports and/or USB cables when you do the restore.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As lrg32 suggested, make sure you get it well charged from the mains adapter then you must get it into DFU mode and then restore in iTunes. No other mode will do. Check YouTube for help to get into DFU correctly.

OP
A

AriellaRaine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you but my brother and I got everything figured out. I got it restored to my computer and now I just need him to jailbreak it to my computer. I'd try it myself but I've never tried it before and I trust my BIL to do it for me.

Thanks for all the advice/help.
:)

Most reactions

Latest posts