What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jailbreaking???

aidomurfy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad isnt jailbroken and i have bought apps,,but i heard dat if you jailbreak it you can watch flash on it,,,but will i loose my apps by jailbreaking or can i save them on my mac?? ive tried the free iswifter app but it only lets you wath 30 or so mins,and i dont want to buy the pro...please help i want to watch movies online but is it worth jailbreaking to do so?...please help guys.i hav first gen ipad.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreaking does nothing to your apps at all. You wont even notice anything has changed when you jailbreak, except there will be one more app on one of your pages called "Cydia". Nothing is changed at all.

And I don't think Flash gets any better than iSwifter at this point. If flash is very important to you, I suggest you keep an eye out on some of the upcoming Android tablets like the Samsung Galaxy 10.1.

OP
A

aidomurfy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and can i still use the app store and itunes...if i jailbreak? thanks

saguaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can only tell you my experiences with this, but I have jailbroken my ipod and my ipad and have never lost an app. If you backup and sync your ipad on your computer with itunes before jailbreaking, all your apps should be saved there. I have also restored my ipad to day 1 more than once and reinstalled all my apps from itunes. If you have to restore, it is harder to reload jailbroken apps than the itunes ones.

Now, I restored when 4.2.1 was the current OS, so since 4.3.1 is now out, I suppose I would have to go the SHSH blobs route if I have to do it again.

Jeanlupi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What exactlybdoes jail breaking my iPad do that would make it worth the effort ? Also I already update my iPad to 4.3.1. So would that effect my iPad in any bad way if I jailbreak my iPad now. I guess I really just want to know what makes it beneficial to jailbreak. What more can indo with it jail broken, and I have bought about 250.00 in apps, do I get to keep them all, and does it effect my documents. I am new at this and I am on the first iPad. What does jail breaking do? Thank you for your time and hopefully a response.
Jean lupi

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What exactlybdoes jail breaking my iPad do that would make it worth the effort ? Also I already update my iPad to 4.3.1. So would that effect my iPad in any bad way if I jailbreak my iPad now. I guess I really just want to know what makes it beneficial to jailbreak. What more can indo with it jail broken, and I have bought about 250.00 in apps, do I get to keep them all, and does it effect my documents. I am new at this and I am on the first iPad. What does jail breaking do? Thank you for your time and hopefully a response.
Jean lupi

Jailbreaking allows you to install apps that apple doesn't approve of. And since you updated to 4.3.1 you will have to wait till a untethered JB comes out for your firmware. Yes...you keep all your apps & documents. And you can continue to sync to itunes afterwards with apple none the wiser. But I suggest you read up here on the forums to get better aqainted with the JB process. It can be intimidating for 1st time JB'ers. But once you do...you'll never want to go back....
Here is a small vid of just the tip of the iceberg of what can be done:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMrj12guqPE[/ame]
I used a JB program to record the screen which also shows my screen swipes.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts