What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking Explained

skipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive not jail breaked my Ipad as i still dont understand this jail break so is it best to leave it so i dont break it?.

Jensen1990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So basically If I choose to Jail Break my Ipad, it will allow me to personalize more and use more 3rd party apps. Are there any downfalls to this?

Dana.daen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adobe Flash

Jailbreaking my IPad, will this allow me to install Adobe Flash player?
Thank you.

Dana.daen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've downloaded the pc spirit to my pc desktop, connected my iPad and hit the "jailbreak" button.

Unfortunately it gives me an error message right away,

" the ordinal 3719could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll."

Any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Pc is running windows xp
iTunes is the latest version
My iPad is running version 3.2

Dana.daen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I changed the compatibility to windows 95/mellenium, and now when I hit the jailbreak button it say

"spirit requires iTunes 9 to function"

Thing is, I'm running version 9.1 on my pc and my iPad??!

And help would be much appreciated. I rebooted my computer but, no luck

Dane

Dana.daen

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Guys I figured it out.
For those of you getting this same error message, this is what you need to do to correct it.

Go to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\libeay32.dl

Copy this "libeay32.dl file

And paste it in here :

c:\Windows\System 32

Now try running Spirit again!

Another error message I received was :

"Spirit needs iTunes ver 9 to work" even though I have this version installed!

This is what you need to do to correct that:
Google " Spirit Fixer by Kirma v1.0.1"
Download it
Run it and install
Then move the desktop icon for the Spirit program into a new folder you create on the desktop.

Open that folder and click on the Spirit program icon, and voilà! You're in business!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Multitasking, SNES4iPhone with WiiMote, More icons per page, folders, on and on

rdharper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Multitasking, SNES4iPhone with WiiMote, More icons per page, folders, on and on

Ok... I'd rather leave it to Apple. Not worth the time or hassle for me. Not to mention I'd rather Apple worry about security.

But I get the argument. Thanks.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To each their own. Personally I would do it just for Iconoclasm. I have 5 rows of 5 icons per page...also the app that lets you move groups of icons at once.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have JB'd my iPad, I ran the Firmware Umbrella and I see the Cydia has my SHSH blobs on file.

I think there's a small area that I'm confused about, and that's "updating" the firmware on my iPad.

I've already modified my hosts file to point to sayurks server (sp?), so I'm not terribly concerned about running into any unwanted updates, but I guess my area of confusion is this (Please note this is for the WiFi Version, not the 3G):

1) I see a lot of people talking about the fact that if you do not back up your blobs and you update to a different firmware, you'll NEVER be able to Jailbreak your device again because your blobs don't exist. I don't quite understand that.

2) If I decide I want to upgrade to the new firmware, with my "blobs" on file, but then want to "downgrade", is there a step by step guide as to what to do? How do I access my SHSH blobs on the server? Or the ones I have downloaded to my computer?

I appreciate all the help, and I know a few of these might be stupid questions :)

Nick

avd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SHSH Blobs - store locally?

Good Evening,

Taking "andsoitgoes" question a little further, is there any reason why I cannot store the SHSH blobs locally and using the hosts file point it to my own machine, or better yet point it to 127.0.0.1 which is equivalent to my IPad?

- John

gouletjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry guys!! I'm probably not the first to asked but how can I restored my Ipad if i'm not a jailbreak enthusiast ? I'm already aware that I should used Itunes but is there a website or thread with a well known procedure. I want to jailbreak my Ipad but I have to cover my bases before doing it.

Most reactions