What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak no longer working on iPad 2

battery111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I've had my iPad 2 5.0.1 jailbroken with Absinthe since the day it was released. No issues until yesterday. Restarted and it booted as if it was semi-tethered. Safari crashes on open, none of my tweaks working, etc. Tried restarting again, same thing. Tried hard reset, same thing. Thought maybe I could use redsnow to "just boot" so I could get in there and figure out what was wrong but it won't support my iPad 2. Tried re-jailbreaking with absinthe but it won't because it says I'm already jailbroken. Any ideas what happened and what I can do to fix it? Apple is no longer signing 5.0.1 so I really don't want to restore. Is there something I can do with the Corona Injector CLI to fix it?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you install any Cydia tweaks just before this started? Sometimes, this type of behavior is from the iPad trying to run incompatible tweaks... IOW, what were you or the iPad doing just before your latest restart?

Can you get to Cydia? If so, I'd recommend you uninstall the latest tweaks you've put on (or all of the, for that matter). Even if nothing was recent, they may just have decided to not run correctly, or play well together.

Then, if the UNinstallation makes the iPad "behave," then you can try putting them back one at a time.

Sorry you are having the troubles. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also encountered issues a few times and as Marilyn explained, remove the last Cydia tweak and all should be fine again.

OP
B

battery111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't run cydia to uninstall, and don't believe my ssh server is running either. The last tweak I installed was the patch for the directv app. Would love to uninstall it but can't figure out how to do it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you put it into Safe Mode? That'll calm it down enough to where you can get to Cydia (access it by finding it in Spotlight).

Marilyn

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can also try file explorer on your PC and try to locate the file if all fails. Hope you come right.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something similar to this happened to me. The turning point was when I updated xcon today. Cydia actually advised it would uninstall corona and I pressed ok too quickly :)

OP
B

battery111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe the xcon issue mentioned is what happened to me. When I get home I'll see if I can get into safe mode and reinstall corona. If not is there a way to reinstall corona using the cli jailbreak tool?

OP
B

battery111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no joy putting it into safe mode. SSH isn't working so I'm unable to trigger it that way, and sbsettings is obviously not working as well. I really hope I have not put myself in the position where I need to restore to 5.1 and say goodbye to being jailbroken anytime soon.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well we are two now...I even tried to go back to 4.3.3 but it did not work for some reason.

Very silly on my side. I was not careful enough.

Let us know how you get on.

OP
B

battery111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will do. I'm not giving up hope yet. I figure the only thing missing is corona. Has to be. Therefore there should be a way to reinstall corona without needing to restore. Biggest frustration is my iPad is only partially capable right now, since safari doesn't run.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are better off than I was then...my ipad didnt even started. It showed me briefly the password screen and then it rebooted again, in cycles.

I hope you are luckier than I was. Also, one of the reasons I had decided not to buy the ipad 3 was because I did not want to be waiting for the jb, but that reason is no longer valid :)

owensky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem but mine worked but wouldn't sync with iTunes and all my content showed up as "other."

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This merit a warning or a sticky as there must be a lot of users who got affected by this xcon update.

Most reactions

Latest posts