What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jailbreak ipad 2 opinons

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moooboy said:
Is tiny umbrella the best way to preserve my 5.0 baseband?

There is absolutely no reason to preserve the iPad baseband. Why would you?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was just assuming it was similar to the iPhone jb, I new to ipad. Jb

OK. Well, you don't have to preserve the baseband of the 3G iPad since it does not need to be carrier unlocked with ultrasn0w, and there has only been one unlockable iPad baseband on the iPad1 3G which was 06.15.00, which is likely long gone from everyones devices now.

OP
M

moooboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would assume they are working on a iPhone 4s/iPad 2 on 5.0 unlock as well other than the tmobile sim switch unlock unless that will work on the iPad also

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your iPad should not be locked to any carrier if you are in the USA????? Only a tiny percentage of iPads have a locked baseband. The vast majority are sold factory unlocked by Apple. (completely opposite to how phones are sold)

OP
M

moooboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well in the us when u buy one it's either for AT&T or Verizon, you have to tell them which one you want. Maybe just because of which carriers sim is in it?????

OP
M

moooboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just called best buy about mine, they said there come locked to the carrier you choose, which would also be at at apple store. Is there an unlock for the iPad?

OP
M

moooboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take that back, I also just called the local apple store to me. They said they are unlocked and I can use it in other countries by just popping in a sim like I did with my jb unlocked iPhone 4(have a 4s now) and it will work

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
moooboy said:
I take that back, I also just called the local apple store to me. They said they are unlocked and I can use it in other countries by just popping in a sim like I did with my jb unlocked iPhone 4(have a 4s now) and it will work

You can just pop in a different sim.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moooboy said:
Well in the us when u buy one it's either for AT&T or Verizon, you have to tell them which one you want. Maybe just because of which carriers sim is in it?????

What you are being asked is whether you want a GSM version or a CDMA version. Nothing to do with it being locked to a carrier, although technically the only CDMA carrier in the US that supports the IPad is Verizon. But with GSM you can use any SIM, not just AT&T.

Most reactions

Latest posts