What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak Available For iOS 9

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't seem to download this from Pangu, it just keeps error'ing out.

vPRXqwO.png

Thanks for the mirror.

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And of course, the one tweak that I want to use (BTC Keyboard + Mouse) isn't updated yet! Ahh, damn...

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Updated the first post to say that Apple has stopped signing iOS 9.0.2. Now the only iOS you can install or upgrade your iDevice to is iOS 9.1 - and that is not jailbreakable at this time. So, be careful out there! :)

Marilyn

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Its great we didn't need to wait too long for an iOS 9 jailbreak however i've twice had to restore my iPad after a hard reset, and both times happened after 9.1 was released, thankfully though that Apple was still signing 9.0.2 so I was able to go back to it but im wary about jailbreaking my ipad again (and im a long time jailbreaker) cause obviously if I have to restore this time ill be stuck on 9.1, any ideas?

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I really can't help you as its one of the inherent risks of jailbreaking - always worrying whether you'll do something that'll cause you to mess up your jailbreak enough that you'll have to go back to an unjailbreakable stock iOS.

However, if you wish, tell us what you were doing (or did do) the last two times you had to restore. Maybe we can see where you went wrong and so help you not "go there" again...

Marilyn

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Its funny because ive never had problems with jailbreak before, this same iPad I had jailbroken on iOS 8 without a hitch and even on iOS 9 it was working fine until I did a hard reset, the reason I did the hard reset the 1st time was to test the problems I was having with keyboard shortcuts reappearing after deleting them on iOS 8 (which seem to be fixed by the way), the 2nd time I did the hard reset was to test if the same issue would happen which it did - gets stuck on Apple boot logo, so I was able to go back to iOS 9.0.2 but have yet to jb

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So many have use this jail break, so i want to ask it is safe?
Since an iOS 9.2 jailbreak has yet to be released, we do not yet know if there will be problems with it. It will take a while after its release before it can be said how well the jailbreak works in practice.

Neoapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,
First, let me apologized if I post this question in a wrong place. Second, is there a jailbreak for os 9.2.1?, if it is, where can I find it, because I rather relied on links posted here than elsewhere. Thank you all, and you all have a great day.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,
First, let me apologized if I post this question in a wrong place. Second, is there a jailbreak for os 9.2.1?, if it is, where can I find it, because I rather relied on links posted here than elsewhere. Thank you all, and you all have a great day.
iOS 9.1 is the latest iOS version with an available jailbreak. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait an unknown amount of time for a jailbreak for iOS 9.2.1 and later.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can we expect the Pangu jailbreak today? They had sent invitaions for 1st of July.

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like a Chinese version of the 9.3.3 jailbreak is out and for 64 bit devices only. Here's hoping that English version won't be too much longer!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like a Chinese version of the 9.3.3 jailbreak is out and for 64 bit devices only. Here's hoping that English version won't be too much longer!
There are several sites that provide translated instructions to use while going through the jailbreak procedure.

Most reactions

Latest posts