What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jail break removed...feedback on reasons?

NCRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just removed my jailbreak from the ipad2.....

Loved the 5row keyboard
Loved loved loved gestures control
Loved theme capabilities
Loved so much of it......but

Native apps quit working,first with some games....they would crash repeatedly. Even after many many attempts to remove and reinstall, they would not work while jail broken.
Ibooks started to repeatedly crash....deal breaker
Animated children's book apps would not load.....last deal breaker

Restore iPad....all apps and iBooks works
JB agin....same issues reappear

Restored ......everything works again.

Are these known issues with the Conex JB or could it be theme driven? I really like the features I gained while JB, just not at the expense of the iPad having these problems. I appreciate any feedback...thanks in advance

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could we have a list of what you downloaded with the jailbreak? Something may be eating unnecessary ram.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NCRick said:
Are these known issues with the Conex JB or could it be theme driven? I really like the features I gained while JB, just not at the expense of the iPad having these problems. I appreciate any feedback...thanks in advance

It's certainly not typical. My iBooks are all working and I have no app instability. As gw suggested, can you list what you installed after jb?

OP
N

NCRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm....

I did back up the JB with pkgbackup

Think I can copy paste it from there?

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iBooks app does not work right either after JB. I don't care as I have three kindles and a nook, but I have the same crashing problem with it that the op listed.

OP
N

NCRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Could we have a list of what you downloaded with the jailbreak? Something may be eating unnecessary ram.

This was it.....not sure s o which app but I JB again, and only restored limited apps that I wanted. Everything works now....

Thanks for the help!!! I would have given up without this idea

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mborkow said:
have you tried purchasing any new content? The iBooks problems are pretty well documented...

I've only bought one recently and only have 7 paid iBooks total, so whilst I accept fully I am not an authority on iBooks, I am having no problems.

Most reactions

Latest posts