What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

itunes not recognizing iPad

neilweaver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This afternoon I am unable to sync the iPad. Itunes is not recognizing either device and instead tries to install “Digital Still Camera†hardware. I’ve never had this issue before. I have tried different USB ports, but no luck. I also un-installed and re-installed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Neil

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like a glitch in Windows. I'd try reinstalling iTunes. That may straighten things out. I believe there is a new version out today anyway.

If you start iTunes on the computer before you plug in the iPad, does it show up in the Devices list when you plug it in? (ignoring the installation software).

OP
N

neilweaver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried re-installing same result....`

If download the latest version of iTunes and install it, will that mess with any of my previously synced apps?

OP
N

neilweaver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to re-install, did not help. "Sounds like a glitch in Windows. I'd try reinstalling iTunes."

It does not show up in iTunes. "If you start iTunes on the computer before you plug in the iPad, does it show up in the Devices list when you plug it in? (ignoring the installation software)."

I was able to plug it into another computer and it recognized it without a problem.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I know there are drivers that can go missing. I've also heard of people getting to to work by trying another USB port. I don't use Windows myself, so that's about the limit of the advice I can give. A search of the forum of Google for iPad USB drivers might help.

Most reactions

Latest posts