What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad is not recognize by my computer as a device.Please help!!

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok,so i've been dealing with the same problem 2 days ago.
My computer doesn't recognize my iPad as a device whenever i connect the USB port into the usb 2.0.
I tried to check the Autoplay content under control panel -> Hardware and sound,and as i see,the device list were blank.
I also checked iTunes to see if it's listed,and it's just the same,no device were found.
My iPad,somehow,is listed as a portable device into my computer,and is named as "Apple ipad" even though i named it "lance".
Although i can view my pictures from my iPad through computer,i still can't sync on iTunes.
I tried to re-install my iTunes,reboot my iPad,and use a different cable usb,but it didn't work.Is there anyway to fix this.Please comment,thanks!

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BlackOropher26 said:
Ok,so i've been dealing with the same problem 2 days ago.
My computer doesn't recognize my iPad as a device whenever i connect the USB port into the usb 2.0.
I tried to check the Autoplay content under control panel -> Hardware and sound,and as i see,the device list were blank.
I also checked iTunes to see if it's listed,and it's just the same,no device were found.
My iPad,somehow,is listed as a portable device into my computer,and is named as "Apple ipad" even though i named it "lance".
Although i can view my pictures from my iPad through computer,i still can't sync on iTunes.
I tried to re-install my iTunes,reboot my iPad,and use a different cable usb,but it didn't work.Is there anyway to fix this.Please comment,thanks!

Uninstall both iTunes and the Apple Mobile Device Support software (in that order). Reboot the computer with no apple devices connected and reinstall iTunes. That will reinstall the necessary drivers and allow the device to be recognized again :)

gjhsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am having the same problem. my mac book pro doesn't recognize my iPad. My iPad crashed and I restored it from iCloud. It restored some of my apps but not all of them. Some says it can't restore to connect to iTunes to restore but it doesn't recognize the iPad as a device. I understand you are saying uninstall iTunes on my computer but what is the mobile device support software? I'm confused about that.
thanks
glenda

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i am having the same problem. my mac book pro doesn't recognize my iPad. My iPad crashed and I restored it from iCloud. It restored some of my apps but not all of them. Some says it can't restore to connect to iTunes to restore but it doesn't recognize the iPad as a device. I understand you are saying uninstall iTunes on my computer but what is the mobile device support software? I'm confused about that. thanks glenda
Look at my answer to your other post. You'll find it in my second link. That's something you'll find on a Windows computer.

Most reactions