What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes not recognizing Ipad

a.arkwright07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday, I went to plug my ipad into my macbook to sync and update things. However, iTunes would not recognize the ipad. I tried my iphone and itunes found that device. I tried 3 different cables (all Apple cables). I restarted the ipad, the computer, and even uninstalled and reinstalled itunes. And nothing. The ipad will not even charge. I have an appointment today with Apple and hopefully they can resolve it. I read somewhere that others were experiencing similar issues and Apple simply replaced the problem ipad because of a hardware issue. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Here's a question likely to get chuckles...what are the chances I will luck out and receive an ipad 2 as a replacement?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Good luck. And yes, as long as it is still under warrenty and the problem is not correctable then and there, you'll probaly get a replacement.

As for your question... slim to none. There are too many iPad 1s still in the system for you to get that lucky. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts