What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes help

Joscon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
android.bldg-automation.com
How the heck do you refund and uninstall an app that is less the good on my iPad or you found incompatible from iTunes.

/rant
This sucks. The android market gives you 24hrs to decide it you want to keep the app. If you don't you just tap a button.

No wonder, that in less then 18 months android had become the leading mobile OS. When android has a tablet like this, I'm dumping this on ebay.
/end rant/

Last edited:

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Sounds to me you need to sell your iPad (if you actually have one) and get an Android device. This seems to be a bit too much for you.....

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know, I kind of sympathize with the OP. I wish there was even a four hour trial period. 24 hours (like Android, aparrently) sounds really good tho.

OP
Joscon

Joscon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Sounds to me you need to sell your iPad (if you actually have one) and get an Android device. This seems to be a bit too much for you.....

WTF is your problem. I asked a clear and legitimate question followed by my a clearly marked rant. How is it that you presume to know anything about me?
I have an iPad, I bought it last Friday. How does your comment help anyone?
Are you that much of an Apple fanboy, that I'm not allowed to voice an opinion about what I feel is a shortcoming.

My first iAnything. Yes I'm a big fan of Android as well. But this fact dose not make my question illegitimate. And the iPad is certainly not too much for me. A bit foreign, right now sure.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can get a refund for applications by emailing the iPhone apple store I know as I have done it several times with the iPhone apps

Getting angry here does not help.

Colin

OP
Joscon

Joscon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Can't get a refund on iTunes. You should read the recommendations first - before buying.

Yeah, I get that but here's the deal

I bought x-plane 9 like last week. I started having problems with it so I uninstalled it. Not being at the one pc you can sync without erasing everything, I opened the app store. I typed in x-plane 9 and tapped search.

X-Plane came up and without looking and noticing it was the version for iPhone it taped buy. As you all should know, iTunes only lets makes installed apps, and purchased apps do not show the popup until after you tap buy.

So, although this was my error, I now am stuck with a $10.00 app I'll never use. If I could at least gift it to a friend with an iPhone I'd feel better, but I can't even do that. Again, I realize the mistake was mine but does anyone see my point?

I wish there was the option (like the Android Market) were you had 24hrs to try the app and it you don't like it you refund and uninstall. I mean how much can you really know from a few screen shots and the description.

OP
Joscon

Joscon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
You can get a refund for applications by emailing the iPhone apple store I know as I have done it several times with the iPhone apps

Colin

Thank you and I did. I haven't heard back yet though.

You are right about getting angry. I should have deleted the rant, but though I made it clear it was a rant and not a bash. I love this thing.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Joscon said:
Yeah, I get that but here's the deal

I bought x-plane 9 like last week. I started having problems with it so I uninstalled it. Not being at the one pc you can sync without erasing everything, I opened the app store. I typed in x-plane 9 and tapped search.

X-Plane came up and without looking and noticing it was the version for iPhone it taped buy. As you all should know, iTunes only lets makes installed apps, and purchased apps do not show the popup until after you tap buy.

So, although this was my error, I now am stuck with a $10.00 app I'll never use. If I could at least gift it to a friend with an iPhone I'd feel better, but I can't even do that. Again, I realize the mistake was mine but does anyone see my point?

I wish there was the option (like the Android Market) were you had 24hrs to try the app and it you don't like it you refund and uninstall. I mean how much can you really know from a few screen shots and the description.
Read my comment above I received a refund 10 days after I purchased an app since then have had several inc a 110 dol gps app
It is not a problem
You will need the order number date and name of app in your request. Log in to your account / purchases for that info

Email [email protected]

Give them 48 hours at least once accepted they refund to your visa with in 3-4days it's that simple.

Cheers

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Android is better than GOD

WTF is your problem. I asked a clear and legitimate question followed by my a clearly marked rant. How is it that you presume to know anything about me?

The problem it’s you and Bremen is right sell your iPad and buy android tablet​

Are you that much of an Apple fanboy, that I'm not allowed to voice an opinion about what I feel is a shortcoming.

We are for help people have legit and real question, not the one like you arrive and complain about something all software company apply, why you don’t ask Microsoft to give you trial for winbooze 7 ?

My first iAnything. Yes I'm a big fan of Android as well. But this fact dose not make my question illegitimate. And the iPad is certainly not too much for me. A bit foreign, right now sure.
Believe me sell your iPad or ask refund in Apple Store and wait for Android tablet you will be more satisfy , since you start with this kind of idea everything will not make you satisfied with the iPad …. Apparently even God cannot make you satisfied, but lucky you Android exist .. so don’t waste your time rush

OP
Joscon

Joscon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website

The problem it’s you and Bremen is right sell your iPad and buy android tablet​

We are for help people have legit and real question, not the one like you arrive and complain about something all software company apply, why you don’t ask Microsoft to give you trial for winbooze 7 ?

Believe me sell your iPad or ask refund in Apple Store and wait for Android tablet you will be more satisfy , since you start with this kind of idea everything will not make you satisfied with the iPad …. Apparently even God cannot make you satisfied, but lucky you Android exist .. so don’t waste your time rush

I guess I should have waited 'till I calmed down from my embarrassment of making the mistake. And thanks for your advise and the wonderful insight you had on my actual question.
Oh, and just curious, if English you first language?

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team

Colin

Apple changed there apple store teems and agreements. You used to be able to get refunds but you no longer can. All sales final.

Maybe read the terms you agreed with before getting mad.

OP
Joscon

Joscon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website

Colin

Apple changed there apple store teems and agreements. You used to be able to get refunds but you no longer can. All sales final.

Thanks, but I've already returned the iPad

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com

Colin

Thanks, but I've already returned the iPad

Good news! Great that you could return it. Now get the "pad" of your dreams!!

Now look for an android forum to join :)

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to my account, and from there found a purchase I had made my mistake, from your list of orders you can find the option to post problems with the purchase, and request refunds. I did this just a few days ago and they gave me store credit for the purchase.

Most reactions

Latest posts