What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not exactly new here but...

H

hazi1610

I stopped coming to this forum a couple of months ago having sold my iPad 2 and deciding to get an Android tablet instead because I wanted flash content.

Well, after a major disaster with two tablets from same seller and two refunds later, I decided to come back to the iPad 2.

Don't get me wrong, I love android but their hardware and battery life sucks in comparison and they push out too many new devices and then worry about correcting problems after selling. Apple however push two mobile devices a year, os is the same for all, hardware unbeatable and they do much more beta testing before releasing any new updates.

I wanted stability and good battery life so here I am with a new iPad 2 which I got yesterday and once again loving it.

Will I jailbreak? Not sure, don't know what Gen mine is and when reading the how to thread, I noticed it said absinthe jabreak now available for all generation iPad 2 but further down it said instructions to follow for further Gen so not sure.

Anyway, good to be back :)

Alison

from Alison

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
....[little snip here]...Will I jailbreak? Not sure, don't know what Gen mine is and when reading the how to thread, I noticed it said absinthe jabreak now available for all generation iPad 2 but further down it said instructions to follow for further Gen so not sure.

Anyway, good to be back :)

Alison

from Alison

Welcome back, Alison.

And, for reassurance: The newest jailbreaking tool, Absinthe 2.0, will jail break ANY iPad running iOS 5.1.1. Just so's you know...

Marilyn

OP
H

hazi1610

Thanks for the welcome back and for the confirmation about jail breaking :)

from Alison

Most reactions