What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

itunes crash adding videos

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what happen i had my videos in a folder on the iPad 2. i have windows 7
everything was working fine now i can't sync any new videos, everytime
i try adding i get this message.

iTunes has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working
correctly. windows will close and notify you if a solution is available.

I have unistalled and reinstalled iTunes, updated and restored the iPad.
Everything i can think of.
Any one have any suggestions.
I also tested it on an XP PC gives same message.
Thank you for any help.

Last edited:

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Try this... in Windows 7 add the videos to the iTunes Media Folder (Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Movies). Then drag and drop the videos into the iTunes Library. Plug your iPad into the PC. Click on the iPad in the sidebar of iTunes. Click on the movies tab at the top of the screen. Check mark the movies you want added. Then synch your device. Movies should move over to the iPad. Please note that only a few select video formats are compatible with the iPad.

Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

OP
T

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for reply.
I am so new to all this even though my videos played before but now in the right format will still not get past the same
error message.
not sure how to do the above.
But still working on it.

Kozbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are not alone

I also have Windows 7 and I have the same problem. I can successfully sync if I remove the videos from the photos folder. I haven't tried adding them back as suggested above yet.

The videos used to be happy there and they did get synced to the Ipad. They played just fine but the thumbnails were all black, no image to help you tell which video you were playing.

BTW, I have an Ipad 1, 64G, no 3G

OP
T

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason mine won't sync videos whether in a folder or not.

Update: I unistalled the latest version of iTunes reinstalled an earlier version. Now
all works great.
Thanks for replies.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts