What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

itunes 9.2 update **WARNING**

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
apple has put out an update for itunes in anticipation for the iOS 4.0 update that will become public on Moneday.

This updated itunes version 9.2 breaks the Spirit jailbreak. If you plan on jail breaking your iPhone/iPad its recommended that you don't update iTunes to 9.2 until after a workaround is made for jailbreaking.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How is the iTunes itself breaking the jailbreak? Just curious. I have my auto updates turned off so I'm not too worried.

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know where you heard that information but iTunes itself cannot break the jailbreak unless you, of course, restore. If the device was having problem it's probably caused by some other factor. Besides, I updated my itunes today and was able to synced my iphone and ipad without an issue. And, yes, both are spirit jailbroken.

Last edited:
OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
How is the iTunes itself breaking the jailbreak? Just curious. I have my auto updates turned off so I'm not too worried.

Attempting to jailbreak or update a Spirit-jailbroken device with iTunes 9.2 will send the device into an infinite loop, while PwnageTool and RedSn0w are unaffected by the update according to the latest reports.

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I just did my update. Itunes 9.2, restart (Win7 64bit). Synced my iPad, sprint jailbroken. No issues. Turned off the iPad, back on again. Everything seems to be working fine. Rock is there, Cydia, Activator, Winterboard.

Just reporting my findings.

iTazm0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apple has put out an update for itunes in anticipation for the iOS 4.0 update that will become public on Moneday.

This updated itunes version 9.2 breaks the Spirit jailbreak. If you plan on jail breaking your iPhone/iPad its recommended that you don't update iTunes to 9.2 until after a workaround is made for jailbreaking.
Wow, thanks for the heads up man!

Fellow, jailbroken iPad owners, even if you've already used Spirit to free your "i" device(s), don't forget, you never know when you'll have to factory restore and need to Jailbreak again. The Spirit JB tool is so easy and painless, I'd hate to lose the ability to use it.

Thanks again MikeTooLz

VSEAE15O

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quit trolling u tool

He's a fear monger spreading FUD in the forums and is trolling. As his name implies, he's indeed a tool for Apple. Just ignore him.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting first post....not the best way to introduce yourself

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another verified kosher update with Spirit JB + iTunes 9.2.

Got one quick error message that made me go "Huh?" but that was because iTunes stayed open while installing the update.

Once I closed iTunes and the update compelted, all was hunky dory.

VSEAE15O

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So you're here to teach me ethics? Wanna live in fear and confusion? You go right ahead.

I'm not here to introduce myself if making friends here is what you do. If you have anything subjective to say, but not about misinformation, spare it to yourself. I'm not here to waste time and impress anyone. Be humble friend.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team

So you're here to teach me ethics? Wanna live in fear and confusion? You go right ahead.

I'm not here to introduce myself if making friends here is what you do. If you have anything subjective to say, but not about misinformation, spare it to yourself. I'm not here to waste time and impress anyone. Be humble friend.
No you just would rather waist everyone elses time.

Most reactions

Latest posts