What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its official, some new iPads have problems

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ElderDruid said:
Now on my 9th one and about to return that as well. Blemishes under the glass on this one AND number 8...easily demonstrated to the folks in the store....sigh...it's becoming a personal crusade at this point.

There are plenty of android tablets....I'd recommend a Samsung at this moment in time. If you can wait until summer, then asus should have the high-res update to their transformer prime out. It should be free of wifi/gps/Bluetooth problems.

rushmore69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I'm on my 7th new iPad, and this one's going back tonight as well.

Won't accept any unit until I'm 100% happy with it....not 90%, not 95%, not 99%.

Returned 3 yesterday alone...backlight bleeding, bad WiFi, and especially the home button, which seems to be a particular challenge for their QA.

If joking, funny, but if not, I think it is statistically unlikely to have that many bad units in a row. Either your standards are not practical, or you have worse luck than even me.

Last edited:

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ElderDruid said:
Now on my 9th one and about to return that as well. Blemishes under the glass on this one AND number 8...easily demonstrated to the folks in the store....sigh...it's becoming a personal crusade at this point.

How about taking some pictures of these things and post them, I just can't believe 9 and frankly you lost me at 5. If I was Apple I would put out an APB banning you from their stores by now. Assuming any of this is actually true.

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ElderDruid said:

You have 13 messages in this forum, all of them complaining about the iPad....hmmm

Sent from my iPad using iPF

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PaulCarleton said:
I suspect a Troll

One would think after about the third return that the store/management would QC it prior to it leaving the store. IE - make sure said customer was satisfied prior to leaving as in before it's even rung up.. And here I thought I was anal/picky... :)

L

Lunar

If indeed these have all been genuine issue's and I'm not saying they weren't, then I think I would be giving up I think. I had to swap my first one for a tiny dust partical under the screen which was visible on white screens, but decided when I got my second that if it had a issue that warranted it being returned, that I just would'nt bother, and just get a refund and just continue to use our iPad1, at least for the time being.
Fortunately this 2nd one seems okay, i can spot a tiny amount of light bleed if I'm being really picky in one tiny area when viewed in a very dark room, and even then I have to look very close to see it, so in normal use and lighting conditions it's a none issue... so I'd rate it as being 99.5% perfect, I suspect if I wanted 100% perfection I may be opening several boxes, and even then being a picky person myself I would later find something I wasn't 100% happy with.

AIS I would have gave up after just 2 and doubt I'd have tried for a third time, I can only assume your much keener than I in wanting a iPad3. One would have thought the store staff would have gone over the replacement very carefully before leaving the store, though I acknowledge, that most times minor issues only become apparent to the user over the following few days. I sincerely hope you manage to get a 100% good one, preferably before Apple go bust...lol One thing I think we can conclude from this , is that Apple need to get their QC sorted, though in fairness, it is to be expected that new models will have an initial high return rate until production methods are optimum.

Best of luck with your next one.

Last edited by a moderator:

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ElderDruid said:

Statistically impossible. Really, I minored in math.
However dude, even if you do end up with one that looks 100% to you on the outside how do you know the chips are not flawed? Hmmm? Something for you to think about.

At this point you would have to provide some evidence that all this actually happened before I can treat your posts seriously.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having been a forum owner/administrator for over 10 years on a similar type of forum, but on home theater, I can guarantee you that I've seen this kind of person before coming in to Troll. While it shows he just joined recently, I suspect he is no stranger to this site, and may have been banned previously. His posts are not designed to solve problems his posts are designed to stir the pot.

9 replacements is simply not credible. Prove it by providing all the receipts.

Last edited:

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ElderDruid said:

It all depends what you want for your money iPads are cheap product for what you get made down to a price .

dayalanvenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped my iPad accidentally when alight from my car found glass pane developed hair thin crack , any remedial measures!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

nipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only problem i have on my ipad 3 is when i sit outside with bright light , then i notice a pink tint on the white background , the ipad is a great tablet fr indoors but outside in the sun its useless as you cant see the screen , android's samsung galaxy tab ( i have one of those as well ) is much better for outdoor use , as the screen is still readable.
The second problem is the sound , if you put your hand over the back where the speaker is you will notice the sound is much higher , its a shame apple still cant include a stereo speakers on an ipad as mono sound lets down the ipad , should you watch a movie , even cheap android tablets have stereo sound , so i hope one day apple wake up and include this feature on both the ipad and the next iphone ( if its larger )

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nipper said:
The only problem i have on my ipad 3 is when i sit outside with bright light , then i notice a pink tint on the white background , the ipad is a great tablet fr indoors but outside in the sun its useless as you cant see the screen , android's samsung galaxy tab ( i have one of those as well ) is much better for outdoor use , as the screen is still readable.
The second problem is the sound , if you put your hand over the back where the speaker is you will notice the sound is much higher , its a shame apple still cant include a stereo speakers on an ipad as mono sound lets down the ipad , should you watch a movie , even cheap android tablets have stereo sound , so i hope one day apple wake up and include this feature on both the ipad and the next iphone ( if its larger )

Indeed the sound is an issue but there is so many aftermarket speakers and people can then choose there own to there liking so I doubt apple will invest in making any speakers for it besides it would probably just cost over £300 with apples mark-up percentage :)

I noticed the pink tint on the iPad 2 also but be aware it's no doubt more likely your eyes adjusting to the sunlight, I had this exact discussion yesterday with my missus, I went outside and then came back inside and I swore blind it was a pink screen yet she said it was clearly white. I did notice it disappeared after a while though. I've not tried it but you could turn on the white on black feature? Might make it a bit easier if your just controlling your music or reading something?

Most reactions

Latest posts